By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shuhei Yoshida States That "We ( Sony ) Have Work To Do" When It Comes To Releasing More "AAA" exclusive games.

Samus Aran said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I'm not saying anything. I'm just asking questions, which you still haven't attempted to answer.

Why is Knack not a AAA game, it had a AAA budget and was produced by SCE Japan Studio which is a AAA developer?

It didn't have an AAA budget and SCE Japan Studio is not an AAA developer (there, I said it). Their Western studios get to work with much higher budgets and they're the only AAA studios they have. I even remember an interview where the TLG developers said as much.

TLOU RE is still a remaster, is it a AAA exclusive game or not?

No, the game is also on PS3.

What about Infamous: Second Son, it sold 2.32 million with a metacritic of (80)/7.9? It wasn't a launch game, it released only 4 months before TLOU RE and it has an established fan base of 5.22 million on PS3 with its previous incarnations. TLOU on PS3 sold 5.6 million so they are quite close.

Infamous is AAA yes.

What about Bloodborne, It has a metacritic of (92)/8.6, still lower than TLOU RE's (95)/8.9?

Bloodborne is also AAA, at least I think so, it looks like it has high production values. Not sure what metacritic has to do with this debate? I don't rely on them to tell me how good a game is.

Also "Good stuff" is a meaningless distinction, "good" is subjective, that's why I said stuff, and you're talking about first party games here, I just said stuff. But If you want me to answer your questions, it is common courtesy to answer the ones I've already given to you. FYI, the ones above are just restatements of the original question.

This thread is about AAA exclusives, so talking about third party games makes no sense unless it's being published by Sony.

Knack is AAA look at the graphics best physics effects ever made, most nintendo games arent AAA thats why they are also priced at 40€. So i dont understand why you argue about the AAA quality of sonys japanese exclusives here as a nintendo fan? 

High budget doesnt equal AAA or vic versa and you have no info about any budget of sonys exclusives. 

Around the Network

In terms of consoles sales, Uncharted 5 could be PS4 only exclusive game (not counting console exclusivity like SFV) for the entire generation and the PS4 would still have the most sales if all future third party console game keep releasing for it. PS4 is just too attractive for the mainstream audience to be in 2nd place now.

On topic: I don't think most gamers really care about exclusive if all the major third party games keep coming for the PS4 and are the best versions as well. First party is great but when you already have a lot of good games for your system, its just icing on top. Forum goers like us probably care more though but we are a tiny few.

Samus Aran said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I'm not saying anything. I'm just asking questions, which you still haven't attempted to answer.

Why is Knack not a AAA game, it had a AAA budget and was produced by SCE Japan Studio which is a AAA developer?

It didn't have an AAA budget and SCE Japan Studio is not an AAA developer (there, I said it). Their Western studios get to work with much higher budgets and they're the only AAA studios they have. I even remember an interview where the TLG developers said as much.

TLOU RE is still a remaster, is it a AAA exclusive game or not?

No, the game is also on PS3.

What about Infamous: Second Son, it sold 2.32 million with a metacritic of (80)/7.9? It wasn't a launch game, it released only 4 months before TLOU RE and it has an established fan base of 5.22 million on PS3 with its previous incarnations. TLOU on PS3 sold 5.6 million so they are quite close.

Infamous is AAA yes.

What about Bloodborne, It has a metacritic of (92)/8.6, still lower than TLOU RE's (95)/8.9?

Bloodborne is also AAA, at least I think so, it looks like it has high production values. Not sure what metacritic has to do with this debate? I don't rely on them to tell me how good a game is.

Also "Good stuff" is a meaningless distinction, "good" is subjective, that's why I said stuff, and you're talking about first party games here, I just said stuff. But If you want me to answer your questions, it is common courtesy to answer the ones I've already given to you. FYI, the ones above are just restatements of the original question.

This thread is about AAA exclusives, so talking about third party games makes no sense unless it's being published by Sony.

In what capacity is TLOU RE avaliable on the PS3? 

So you agree on Infamous and Bloodbourne being AAA, but you seem to have forgotten the original question.

You said new games are more important than remasters.

I asked how? When I compared Knack to TLOU RE you made a whole bunch of excuses, so now I'm comparing it to Infamous and Bloodbourne, both of which have sold less and had lower metacritic scores, so again in what sense are these games more important than TLOU RE?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Nah, just keep on chugging with the indie games.

COKTOE said:
Sprash said:
Nem said:

I do think they need more big studios. Having closed so many recently was definitly the wrong choice.

Sony does need more big franchises. On that front they have always been weak and have dropped established ones way too easily.
They can't depend so much on Naughty Dog and Guerrila alone. Even Santa monica has been slow with their output. Media molecule is basically an indie dev and Sony Japan is all over the place.

If they managed to foster 2 more studios like ND and Guerrila, they would be in a much better place. This also taking into account that Naughty Dog lost its ability to have 2 teams working at the same time so they are not as dependable as before. After Uncharted 4 we wont hear anything from them for another 2 years.

Sony needs studios especially for those off years.

Bolded: What? I mean is that serious?

Sony doesn't need more studios they have enough and if we are looking at 2016 they put one exclusive game out after another. Like most people said it over and over again the first 2 years are always sparse because sony supports the last gen a bit longer than microsoft and nintendo.

Bolded again: Are you serious Media Molecule a Indie dev?

Yeah, I don't want to be too harsh, and jump all over the guy, but I agree with you. Nem"s assessment, not so much. And what does "Sony Japan is all over the place mean?" It surely has negative conotations, but I can't guess what they are. The PS4 and it's software lineup are fine.

I think you are reading more in my words than what is there.

I mean Media molecule doesnt make Big games of the AAA sort. They make creative and sweet games, but not the big production type. Tearaway unfolded was developed by 4 people for the longest time (most of their people working on something else i assume. Perhaps the new PS4 titles). That is pretty much an indie team, wich is why i said that. Actually i just checked... its a 47 people studio. They are a small studio.

When i say Sony Japan is all over the place, i mean they do small and big titles with lots of partnerships, so its difficult to place their capabilities.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Samus Aran said:

In what capacity is TLOU RE avaliable on the PS3? 

So you agree on Infamous and Bloodbourne being AAA, but you seem to have forgotten the original question.

You said new games are more important than remasters.

I asked how? When I compared Knack to TLOU RE you made a whole bunch of excuses, so now I'm comparing it to Infamous and Bloodbourne, both of which have sold less and had lower metacritic scores, so again in what sense are these games more important than TLOU RE?

And here we have an example of someone who lost the capability to think for himself and uses metacritic as if it was some sort of fact.

Why only use TLOU: R btw? Why don't you use the countless other remasters on the PS4. Oh, they didn't sell as much? Ok. ;)

Oh and TLOU: R is heavily bundled.

But hey, if you think remasters are more important, be my guest. Have fun playing nothing but PS3 remasters on your PS4 then, I better don't see you playing any new games on your PS4.

I guess Flower on the PS4 is also better than Infamous, Driveclub and Bloodborne?

Samus Aran said:

And here we have an example of someone who lost the capability to think for himself and uses metacritic as if it was some sort of fact.

Why only use TLOU: R btw? Why don't you use the countless other remasters on the PS4. Oh, they didn't sell as much? Ok. ;)

Oh and TLOU: R is heavily bundled.

But hey, if you think remasters are more important, be my guest. Have fun playing nothing but PS3 remasters on your PS4 then, I better don't see you playing any new games on your PS4.

I guess Flower on the PS4 is also better than Infamous, Driveclub and Bloodborne?

Metacritic is just the average of reviewer scores other than sales its the only objective metric with regards to game.

However, I never stated what I think about TLOU RE, Bloodborne, Knack, etc... I just stated the facts, it has nothing to do with I think. Although, I do think you should stop trying to deflect the question.

And Yes I do use TLOU RE because of how well it did, but you never said remasters in general, you said remasters in absolute, so ANY remaster is valid.

TLOU: RE bundles aren't counted in sales bruh.

Again, this has nothing to do with what I think, I'm just asking questions. Why is it so hard to answer the question?

What does better mean to you? I simply compared sales and metacritic ratings. Does that constitute importance? I wouldn't know you never really defined importance. Flower might very well be more important than Infamous or Bloodborne, but that depends on your metric.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Nem said:
COKTOE said:

Yeah, I don't want to be too harsh, and jump all over the guy, but I agree with you. Nem"s assessment, not so much. And what does "Sony Japan is all over the place mean?" It surely has negative conotations, but I can't guess what they are. The PS4 and it's software lineup are fine.

I think you are reading more in my words than what is there.

I mean Media molecule doesnt make Big games of the AAA sort. They make creative and sweet games, but not the big production type. Tearaway unfolded was developed by 4 people for the longest time (most of their people working on something else i assume. Perhaps the new PS4 titles). That is pretty much an indie team, wich is why i said that. Actually i just checked... its a 47 people studio. They are a small studio.

When i say Sony Japan is all over the place, i mean they do small and big titles with lots of partnerships, so its difficult to place their capabilities.

OK then. At least I know what you meant now.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Looks like they did their job. Just look at the PS4 2016 exclusive lineup... HOLY COW!

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1