By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are we witnessing the end of an era for some Nintendo IP?

Tagged games:

I fucking hope so. The whole policy of a new game with new hardware is antiquated when the franchises are reaching their peaks if they haven't already. Just keep the games as they are and turn them into platforms with infinitely updating content. No reason to make any more Smash or Mario Kart. And hopefully the next Splatoon will be a F2S game, then there will be no reason for any more of that franchise either.

Around the Network

I can't seem them dying anytime soon, especially Mario Kart.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Disagree.

I can't see any of there series ending; that would be Nintendo shooting themselves in both feet...
The only staple I'm worried about is New Super Mario Bros...
NSMBU and NSL didn't bring much to the table and the general public is making superior levels on SMM...
Nintendo needs to find some new inspiration to keep what was once a major staple from going stale...

Have a nice day...

Is it true that the next smash or Mario kart would be hard to push to another level. But I think Nintendo call still pull it off. We receive so many iterations of other established IPs and still sell well. Some would just whine for minor updates but it should really be fine.

Around the Network
leedlelee said:
I can't see any of there series ending; that would be Nintendo shooting themselves in both feet...
The only staple I'm worried about is New Super Mario Bros...
NSMBU and NSL didn't bring much to the table and the general public is making superior levels on SMM...

Nintendo needs to find some new inspiration to keep what was once a major staple from going stale...

You articulated this better than I did - of all the series, this had me wondering the most.

MK really needs to be expanded to include characters and themes from other Nintendo franchises and not just the Mario universe. The Zelda DLC is a good start, but there's so much more they can draw from.

Beyond that, I would like Nintendo to allow some younger, upstart development studios to take a shot at some of their long dormant IPs. Series like F-Zero, DKC and Metroid were given new life when Nintendo allowed outside studios like Retro and Amusement Vision to work on them.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Don't think the games you listed would end... they are the most popular and one of the best selling Wii U titles

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

i think that the next "Mario Kart" is going to be a Nintendo Kart, and that Smash 4 was Sakurai's last Smash title.

but neither of those franchises are going to die.

I know what you mean, but don't underestimate their creativity. I did when they were about to reveal MK8, cause I thought: "well, they put everything possible into MK7, even underwater tracks and flying gliders, what the hell can they do now? There's nowhere to go". And then, boom! The game appears with everything 7 had but with the gravity twist, which was really cool, and CG-like graphics. My mind was blown.

So that made me realize they can pull many tricks and create great things basically forever.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won