By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are we witnessing the end of an era for some Nintendo IP?

Tagged games:

Yeah, makes sense. Let's kill the only franchises that sell well xD

Smash has a lot of room for new ideas and mario kart even more. Adding more characters which aren't from the mario series is not a bad thing. Imagine a splatoon themed track, a kirby one, pikmin 4, metroid, even xenoblade! I'd love a course in gaur plains with monsters getting into your way. And that godly music...

And with 2d mario they can still do so much more. For me, Mario as a franchise is almost infinite.

They will be fine! :)

Around the Network

It seems that 2D Mario will go dormant again and Mario Maker (and any sequels) will pick up the slack for the time being. But the other two I don't see going anytime soon, different sure but not as radical as SMM.

Nope. I think most people wouldn't agree with you. Who knows what Nintendo can come up with next Gen. They're also very popular franchises, it would make no sense not to bring them to NX.

BasiltheBatLord said:
i think that the next "Mario Kart" is going to be a Nintendo Kart, and that Smash 4 was Sakurai's last Smash title.

but neither of those franchises are going to die.

Add in there that Mario Party will become Nintendo Party.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile