By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite games or series that rarely get mentioned?

Cloudman said:
ReimTime said:
Cloudman said:

YES YES YES. I loved this game so much!!! x ) I used to play it all the time. If I can find the CD, I need to play this again.

And Age of Empires is great too. I loved the first the most x )

Oddly enough the two things I remember are building bathrooms and that weird bloaty head disorder in which you would pop their head and reinflate it

You may be able to find a ROM on emuparadise, just saying

Oh yeah, that disease was really funny x ) I remember the invisible man disease as well. I'd get so many of those... I also spent a lot of time trying to make the ultimate doctors training them under someone with all the skills. Good times... The music was so catch too x )

Oh of course how could I forget that one! I think I always ended up losing because I didn't have enough plants or windows I forget. I'll have to play a game or two of it for old times sake

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

Blasto!, from the Playstation 1.

Golden Sun doesn't get enough love.

Crimson Skies on the original Xbox. I can't believe it's never seen a sequel.

Ratchet & Clank. Often times whenever it's mentioned it's just sort of acknowledged as "yeah that exists" and then people talk more about Uncharted or what have you. That's sort of going away with the movie and reimagining coming out soon, but even then people are so willfully ignorant of that game that they assume that one comment a friend of theirs made from an incorrect article is fact. You don't know how many people assume it's a reboot and discredit its existence as if it's the recent experimental games. I mean Into the Nexus was spot for spot the best game in the series and people just argue it's not worth discussing because it was shorter and sold at half the price.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
iceland said:
AZWification said:

Skies of Arcadia

fa show

And Jet Set Radio! Also Shadow Hearts doesn't get mentioned much.

Jet Set Radio is another good one! It's a shame Sega doesn't do anything with these amazing IPs..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
iceland said:
AZWification said:

Skies of Arcadia

fa show

Jet Set Radio is another good one! It's a shame Sega doesn't do anything with these amazing IPs..

Seeing what they've done to the IPs they didn't ignore... maybe it's for the best :(

That said, Skies is one of my favourite JRPGs of all time. Tone down the random encounters a bit and there is a very solid template for a new one. Hell even just a remake would be cool. Just keep the music as awesome!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:

Seeing what they've done to the IPs they didn't ignore... maybe it's for the best :(

That said, Skies is one of my favourite JRPGs of all time. Tone down the random encounters a bit and there is a very solid template for a new one. Hell even just a remake would be cool. Just keep the music as awesome!

Sonic can actually be a good franchise. The biggest problem is the consistency of quality releases! We got Colors and Generations ( both good), then Lost World ( which was OK) and then Boom!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

MikeRox said:
AZWification said:
iceland said:
AZWification said:

Skies of Arcadia

fa show

HD port was supposed to happen, SEGA teased it back when they were doing Dreamcast ports but for some reason it never happened.

oh and I actually run the Skies of Arcadia facebook page Sadly I don't post much anymore.

AZWification said:
MikeRox said:

Sonic can actually be a good franchise. The biggest problem is the consistency of quality releases! We got Colors and Generations ( both good), then Lost World ( which was OK) and then Boom!

Sonic 1-3k was legendary, I can't believe people actually think those classics are bad. Generations is by far the best 3D Sonic game, Adventure 1+2 were okay for their time but haven't aged well. The Rest of the 3D games are kinda trash IMO (Haven't played Colors)