By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite games or series that rarely get mentioned?

Advance Wars series. There were a lot more of these released in Japan, and I think they were well on their way in US/EU with the GBA/DS games, but the last one 'Days of Ruin' was a real letdown. The previous manga style worked much better,

Around the Network

I agree on the already mention Baten Kaitos, Trauma Center, and Marvel Nemesis. All of them are very fun.

I'll mention Blood Rayne, I'm still yet to play the second one... Its waiting patiently on its case. But the first one was SO GOOD, I beat it three times.

Megaman X Command Mission. Awesome RPG. Megaman in turn based command with some nice characters and battle system, and although it is quite short... I spent over 70 hours with it!

The Naruto Clash Of Ninja Series on Gamecube and Wii. They rarely get mentioned, but in my opinion they're the best Naruto fighting games out there. Much more easier to get the hang of, pick up and play yet deep enough for core players, and four player madness in one screen. I wish they kept making them :/

Sonic Riders. Don't own Zero Gravity yet, it has been on my wish list for years... But the first one was awesome! A blast to play. It was a bit shallow on the amount of tracks you could race on, but it also offered a large amount of costumization for your characters and racing style.

Excitebots Trick Racing. Racing has never been as quirky and fun. I'd take it over Mario Kart any day.

Billy Hatcher and the Giant egg- Gamecube.
Beautiful, vibrant, colourful and totally bonkers game from Sonic team.

Wonderful 101- Wii U
Beautiful, vibrant, colourful and totally bonkers game from Platinum

XIII- Gamecube
Cel shaded FPS with lovely art direction, played like a violent comic book.

Conduit 1&2- Wii
I enjoyed the Conduit games, High Voltage created very capable visuals for their FPS on weak hardware.

Motor storm-PS3
Back in the day this game was jaw dropping, played very nicely too, I love arcade style racing.

Heatseeker-Wii.
After Burner style Jet fighter game, I loved the Wiimote tilt controls and the game was full on non stop action.

Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 3. Masterpieces with 2 of the best video game soundtracks ever. SD3 arguably the nicest looking game ever for its respective time period.

Panzer Dragoon Series (incredible/innovative and gets no love)

Valkyrie Profile 1 --> absolutely beautiful game.

a plethora of PC games (Planescape, Riddick, Neverhood, Vampire Masquerade, etc.)

Saturn Bomberman, still some of the most multiplayer fun I have ever had

etc. etc.

Hi

Of the top of my head few come to mind that I almost never see mentioned (though no surprise there, they are niche turned based war strategy blasts from the past) - Battlefront's Combat Mission and TalonSoft's Battleground/Campaign series.

Around the Network

Suikoden. One of the best and most interesting RPG series ever. Yet, when we talk about best RPGs, I have to scroll down the page to find a mention.

Soul Blazer/Illusion of Time/Terranigma

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Radiant Historia, Disgaea DS, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Rune Factory, Fantasy Life, FE12.. quite a few, but most of the games I like are pretty 'niche'

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

stpaulmagic said:

Just like the title says, what are a few games or series that you really enjoy but rarely see getting any love or never even get mentioned on other threads. Dont just say your all time favorite games so no skyward sword or final fantasy x type games just cuz use they get some hate online, they have plenty of fans too. This is your chance to give some exposure to your favorite forgotten or overlooked gems. Here's my top three.

1. Final Fantasy Adventure - My favorite games ever are the handheld 2d zelda's and that's exactly what this game feels like. For those who dont know this game has almost nothing to do with FF, Its actually the first game of the Mana series and is an excellent action rpg game. Combat is fun with a wide variety of weapons and magic, the world map is pretty good sized, it has a great story with some sad moments and the music is so damn good.

That one is a remake, there's an even older version of that game back on the original monochrome game boy called Mystic Quest, which is also known as Seiken Densetsu 1 in Japan.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

iLikeEggs said:
Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 3. Masterpieces with 2 of the best video game soundtracks ever. SD3 arguably the nicest looking game ever for its respective time period.

Panzer Dragoon Series (incredible/innovative and gets no love)

Valkyrie Profile 1 --> absolutely beautiful game.

a plethora of PC games (Planescape, Riddick, Neverhood, Vampire Masquerade, etc.)

Saturn Bomberman, still some of the most multiplayer fun I have ever had

etc. etc.

Well, at least around here, those do get mentioned on ocassion, Planescape: Torment and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines especially as counterargument in every "hur-dur, WRPGs don't have strong narratives/characters" thread, but yeah, they are definitely overlooked by most folks - which is shame, but no surprise, given they are old PC exclusives, and most console gamers probably never heard of them.

Also, I think Riddick has quite a few fans around these parts (overall, terribly underappreciated game), though it usually pops up in 'best XBOX visuals' or 'XBOX vs GC graphics' threads.