By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft rises the One and 360 prices in Brazil.

http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-noticias/2015/10/02/xbox-one-e-x360-aumentam-de-preco-no-brasil-em-1-de-novembro.htm

Xbox One  standard model going from R$1999,00 (~US$500) to R$2499,00 (~US$600).

The Xbox One with Kinect was launched here for R$2299,00, which at the time was about US$600.

The reason is mostly the dolar flutuation in the last year. Since 2013 value of the Real against the Dolar fell more than 60%. Microsft has kept the price low for a very long time but now it seems imposible to keep it.

The Xbox One standard model is still cheaper than the PS4.

Around the Network

Shits expensive in Brazi;/

You have to get two jobs to be a gamer in Brazil.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Yeah but in Brazil they sail the 7 seas.

Around the Network

damn Dilma...

It really sucks for Brazil's people to deal with this. I remember a couple months ago, Nintendo stopped selling stuff there altogether

Xbox sales in Brazil are too high confirmed.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I'm from Brazil too and yes, is too expensive to be a gamer here, i buy too many games and i work too much haha

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Mr Puggsly said:

Or just use the grey market like everyone does, we know taxes here are abusive, the government doesnt give a damm about theyre ppl, they are corrupt and keep screwing us over, so we take every possible oportunity to not pay taxes. On the grey market you can get a PS4 for like RS1500 ($350 more or less), Brazil taxes any thing imported with a 100% tax rate, you add to that stores profit margin and you end with the stupid prices we get here.