By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How would a console mainline Fire Emblem game be successful? Will we ever see one again?

Tagged games:

Will we see another Fire Emblem console game again?

Yes, and it will be a suc... 11 20.00%

Yes, but with a completely different style 6 10.91%

Yes, but not on the Wii U 23 41.82%

No. 9 16.36%

See Results 6 10.91%

Total:55

I say just remove the permanent deaths on the console version too. More people picked it up because of the less annoying factor.

Around the Network

There are many reasons as to why Awakening found success.

Just because a console has install base, does NOT mean it will sell well. There are many reasons why Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn didn't sell a ton. And there are many reasons why Awakening did.

However, with the success of Awakening, and the obvious success of Fates, I believe implementing the ideas of those two that made them successful into a home console Fire Emblem would prove success.

Especially since Fire Emblem is more well known. I think it's possible we will get the next Fire Emblem on either the Wii U* or NX.

*Hear me out.
Fates uses the same engine as Awakening and is only a 3DS game. The scale is pretty big but it's still not a game that needed a ton of development. I am pretty sure Nintendo has had Intelligent Systems working on a Wii U game for a while. Reasons because nothing has come out yet on it that they have developed. And the only games they have made in between are a bunch of 3DS games basically. Pretty sure they've been to work on a bigger Wii U title for awhile.
Also, in an interview with Masahiro Higuchi, the director of the Fire Emblem series, he stated that he has always wanted Fire Emblem to be a home console series. That is his wish for it. HOWEVER, with the success of Awakening, they decided to make Fates, so that way the fanbase can BUILD and grow and be loved like it deserves. That way they can release a Fire Emblem on the Wii U (or NX) and fans will say DAY ONE.

It just makes sense honestly. Especially if Wii U will get a 5 year life cycle, I can see a Fire Emblem U being one of the last Wii U games in 2017.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Put it on the nx. nx= handheld and console.

Close this thread

BTW in joking on closing thread!

If all Fates does is improve the story. It's already a better game in my book!

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

If all Fates does is improve the story. It's already a better game in my book!

+1

Probably the only thing lacking in Awakening was the story. Everything else was great : D

Oh, and Chrom as well. Worst Lord in the entire FE series... x_x

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The question is: does it need to? Handhelds are becoming so powerful that series dont "need" to be on home consoles unless they are large open worlds or spectacles.

Would i like to see one? As you can gues by my avatar, they were my favorite ones. I would like to see more, but i dont need to.
How could it work? With better presentation. The thing is i'm not sure it would be very profitable.

But... Fire embem warriors definitly needs to happen. Lots of FE characters and stories to draw from. Its a much better fit than Zelda was.

Huh, didn't know that about Higuchi's vision of the series. All the more reason to give it a try.
And if they did have a Fire Emblem game in development for the Wii U, chances are they probably moved over to NX, so that it could sell better as a launch title, or a year 1 title. Because vastley improving the presentation for an HD game would cost quite the $$$ and time. And if NX Fusion is true, it could be the safest and most effective way for the series to become more successful and for Nintendo to make the most profits.

Yeah, if NX turns out to be what we think it will be. You'll be right. :)
Wouldn't be surprised if the topic of this thread was one of the ideas Nintendo has in mind with where they're going with the system.

Oh you!! :)