By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How would a console mainline Fire Emblem game be successful? Will we ever see one again?

Tagged games:

Will we see another Fire Emblem console game again?

Yes, and it will be a suc... 11 20.00%

Yes, but with a completely different style 6 10.91%

Yes, but not on the Wii U 23 41.82%

No. 9 16.36%

See Results 6 10.91%

Total:55

While, I do agree it doesn't have to do it in order to be successful, since it already is now.
If it wants to be MORE successful and take the next step to being a big time player and one of the main franchises to look forward to in gaming, not just Nintendo, than it should do it.
With Awakening revitalizing the series, and Fates adding to it, I'd say it's very profitable. And trying to take the next step with a console game wouldn't be as big of a risk as before, because now they have built an established fanbase, the issue is just getting that fanbase from handheld to console.
I don't want to turn this into another NX thread, but the Fusion concept would help make that transition smoother and more plausible. And it would need to take full advantage of the extra advantages on the console, so that when the fans of the series see it, they'll immediately say: Day 1 buy!! And it could bring over new fans of the franchise that are awed and wooed by the game's presentational prowess to expand the audience even further.

And Fire Emblem Warriors, would definitely be an awesome thing to see!