By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

I am sure the Destiny bundle will start climbing again as soon as new stock is in. And who knows what effect Paris Games Week will have on PS4 sales,that depends entirely on what they show there. Anyway,this month is the most interresting month for a long time,and right now it's impossible to declare a winner.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
iTzCharlie said:
The beta is almost over and the two Star Wars bundle are dropping quickly

So you're drawing a direct correlation between the beta stopping and the bundles falling? The beta would have helped a little but not a huge ammount. It's mainly the price drop that created the surge in sales, unless you'd like to explain how the Star Wars beta boosted all the other PS4 bundles too?

^^This

Price cut will cause a surge in sales, followed by a dip and then another surge for the holidays.

But betas do help sales for games and naturally will help the bundles a little bit. You also don't have to play it to get an idea about the game, plenty of news channels will cover it with their impressions and plenty of YouTube vids going around.

Lortsamler said:
I am sure the Destiny bundle will start climbing again as soon as new stock is in. And who knows what effect Paris Games Week will have on PS4 sales,that depends entirely on what they show there. Anyway,this month is the most interresting month for a long time,and right now it's impossible to declare a winner.

Certainly will have some pent-up demand, it is also the closest PS4 to plain white at the moment and being cross-gen and very firend / community based makes me assume at least a few days of high demand followed by consistent interest. Keeping it in the top 50 until stock dries up. IMO.

Halo bundle still hasn't overtaken the Destiny one, thought it would have after a few days of no Amazon stock anx a higher price.

Will be curious to see if the Destiny bundle gets as high as the top ten again now, what with the price reduction coming into play. I have a feeling it won't but will sell well regardless.

celador said:
Halo bundle still hasn't overtaken the Destiny one, thought it would have after a few days of no Amazon stock anx a higher price.

Will be curious to see if the Destiny bundle gets as high as the top ten again now, what with the price reduction coming into play. I have a feeling it won't but will sell well regardless.

I think it's worth it for Sony to make a few more MGSV bundles too. If they want to ensure higher sales, all they'd have to do is add in TLOUR.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

4 hours since update:

#15 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (same)*
#16 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 4)
#24 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)*
#34 PS4 Destiny Bundle (up 6)*

#35 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 6)
#45 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 8)
#68 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 12)
#93 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 7)
#95 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 1)

PS4 - 6
XB1 - 3

* Note that the 3 bundles that DO effect this month are still above the Halo bundle. Also note that only having 1 bundle above the XB1 has been enough to give the PS4 a win in NPD. If it stays like this until the 27th and is close for the remainder of the month, the PS4 will win October by quite a margin.

The PS5 Exists. 

#16 PS4 TLOU:R
#17 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#26 PS4 Uncharted Trilogy Bundle
#39 PS4 Destiny TTK Bundle
#40 PS4 COD BO III Bundle
#41 Xbox One Halo 5 Bundle
#69 PS4 Stars Wars Bundle
#89 Xbox One Gears Of Wars Bundle
#90 Nintendo 3DS XL
#92 Xbox One Forza 6 Bundle

vivster said:
binary solo said:
vivster said:

Will this be the last thread if amazon fails to correctly predict the winner? I mean who wants to listen to a false prophet.

Technically Amazon won't be wrong though. During the month of October PS4 will probably sell more than Xb one, as in the number of transactions that take place in October. However lots of Xb one's pre-sold during August and September when Halo 5 was on pre-order. And when you bring those pre-orders into October it probably gives Xb one the win. Amazon counts pre-orders as sales during the month the pre-order transaction is made. NPD of course only counts sales when a console is delivered to the customer. Hence in some months when pre-orders are a factor Amazon might not show the highest selling console as having the highest selling sku on the chart.

Besides, you can blame ioi for the existence of these threads. With the lack of regular, quality sales data coming from this website the vacuum has to be filled somehow, and Amazon seems to be the best predictor of relative PS4/Xb one sales in the USA.

Don't you throw your logic at me! It's all about the chartz and absolute ranking positions.

When you're a crack addict, you'll go for heroine if the crack isn't available.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

When you're a crack addict, you'll go for heroine if the crack isn't available.

First gambling and now drugs. This thread is going downhill.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

GribbleGrunger said:

4 hours since update:

#15 PS4 TLOUR Bundle (same)*
#16 PS4 Star Wars Bundle (down 4)
#24 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)*
#34 PS4 Destiny Bundle (up 6)*

#35 XB1 Halo Bundle (up 6)
#45 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (down 8)
#68 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 12)
#93 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 7)
#95 XB1 Forza Bundle (down 1)

PS4 - 6
XB1 - 3

* Note that the 3 bundles that DO effect this month are still above the Halo bundle. Also note that only having 1 bundle above the XB1 has been enough to give the PS4 a win in NPD. If it stays like this until the 27th and is close for the remainder of the month, the PS4 will win October by quite a margin.

We still have to take into account that halo bundle has been up for pre order since August.