By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Bryank75 said:

But is it just cannibalising other sales?

Could you elaborate?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Not sure if the NDC is a system seller. No significant rise in consoles sales pre NDC launch (well no notable signs on Amazon anyway). Price cut is pushing console sales. I think the only system sellers on PS4 are Batman, Star Wars and Destiny, all did very well in the charts before price cut.

Well, it's at #23 so it MUST be a system seller. Gnerally speaking the term 'system seller' is associated with any title that helps significantly with sales because ALL bundles sell at least ONE console. You wouldn't call the XB1 Lego Bundle a system seller but it HAS sold systems.

But it's the price cut selling the system, not the game. Every official bundle comes with a game. It's more of a case (at least for the standard $350 model) of the consoles moving the games rather than the games shifting the consoles.

But I thought about it a little more and NDC could be a system seller but if it is and to what degree will is almost impossible to work out. The price cut and consoles sales starting to ramp up for the holiday make it very hard to work out exactly what impact NDC has on PS4 sales.

SWORDF1SH said:

But it's the price cut selling the system, not the game. Every official bundle comes with a game. It's more of a case (at least for the standard $350 model) of the consoles moving the games rather than the games shifting the consoles.

But I thought about it a little more and NDC could be a system seller but if it is and to what degree will is almost impossible to work out. The price cut and consoles sales starting to ramp up for the holiday make it very hard to work out exactly what impact NDC has on PS4 sales.

I know what you mean but the Uncharted Bundle was at #1000+ prior to the media coverage and #400+ when the media coverage kicked in. Then it was hoveriing around #100+ just prior to the price drop. I think it would still have cracked the top 100 regardless of the price drop.

The PS5 Exists. 

Rise of the Tombraider launches on Nov 10th so where is the bundle? They have the Fallout Bundle listed but not the Tombraider Bundle.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

Rise of the Tombraider launches on Nov 10th so where is the bundle? They have the Fallout Bundle listed but not the Tombraider Bundle.

Exclusive to Bestbuy and MS stores. It ain't on BB's charts either though. I don't think it's going to do too well.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Bryank75 said:

Could you elaborate?

Is the Halo bundle actually increasing the sales potential of X1? Would these buyers opt for one of the other bundles if this bundle was not an option? MS unveiled 5/6 budles last week, none of them seem to have been very successful.... is this due to having a fairly stagnant fanbase? Or have they been conditioned into waiting for Black Friday? Both are significant problems if you are MS.... 

Destiny bundle now has the $50 GC at Target-

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=console&category=9975893|All|matchallpartial+rel+ALL|video+games&kwr=y&lnk=lnav_narrow%20by%20category_1&ipr=#navigation=true&searchTerm=console&sortBy=bestselling&Nao=0&viewType=medium&category=9975893|All|matchallpartial

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

PS4 is doing great Microsoft needs to respond to win but if they dont respond they could be more profitable this year.

GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I know what you mean but the Uncharted Bundle was at #1000+ prior to the media coverage and #400+ when the media coverage kicked in. Then it was hoveriing around #100+ just prior to the price drop. I think it would still have cracked the top 100 regardless of the price drop.

It doesn't really matter about indivual SKUs going up to prove if a game is a system seller. It's all about overal sales. If you are going to buy a console and every console is bundled, might as well get something that you like with it. Doesn't mean that you bought the console for that game. With the price cut coming exactly on NDC launch, we have no data to prove that the spike in PS4 sales was due to UDC.

Bryank75 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Bryank75 said:

Could you elaborate?

Is the Halo bundle actually increasing the sales potential of X1? Would these buyers opt for one of the other bundles if this bundle was not an option? MS unveiled 5/6 budles last week, none of them seem to have been very successful.... is this due to having a fairly stagnant fanbase? Or have they been conditioned into waiting for Black Friday? Both are significant problems if you are MS.... 

Ah, I see what you mean. What about price though? It's not the cheapest bundle.

The PS5 Exists.