By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

I know, but it's just shocking to me coming from last generation when halo was enormous, and now it's looking a lot less important recently. It's just such a huge shocking turnaround from last gen. It's like were back in the PS1/PS2 gens again, though not quite as extreme yet. I still expect halo to do good numbers but the Amazon charts so far aren't showing evidence of that. 

I think it's a matter of Bungie more than Halo. With the push for E-sports, Halo is looking like nothing more than a COD wannabe.

Which means if halo does indeed lose a good chunck of its appeal this gen, then Xbox One's hope of catching or suppressing ps4's lead is slim. 

And I dislike 343 turning halo into the COD clone you mention. Between that and losing split screen co op, halo is just a shadow of it a former self. To me anyway. 

Around the Network

#08 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#14 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#21 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle
#29 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#34 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#39 XB1 Halo Bundle
#51 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle
#76 XB1 Gears Bundle

6 for PS4
2 for XB1

The PS5 Exists. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

This is what I don't get. The Madden, Forza, and gears bundles are cheap enough they shouldn't be struggling to stay in the top 100, especially with halo 5 in two weeks. The halo bundle I can see not doing too well since its $500, but the $349 and $399 skus should be performing better. It doesn't make sense to me. 

Could it be halo is losing its appeal in America or is it just taking longer to set in this time before sales skyrocket? 

Sony have said that nearly 50% of PS4 owners never owned a PS3. The Destiny Bundle has been killing it for weeks now. Put two and two together.

I know, but it's just shocking to me coming from last generation when halo was enormous, and now it's looking a lot less important recently. It's just such a huge shocking turnaround from last gen. It's like were back in the PS1/PS2 gens again, though not quite as extreme yet. I still expect halo to do good numbers but the Amazon charts so far aren't showing evidence of that. 

Halo was always successful but never a systen seller.MS knew that which is why they did the third party deals with COD,GTA and other franchises last generation.All that is happening is a return to normal from the generation before the 360.The king is back with a vengence and he's angry.

TLOU bundle still going up now at #12 while the NDC bundle has settled a bit and gone back a few places. TLOU preferred over NDC? Didn't expect that if it stays this way.

SWORDF1SH said:
TLOU bundle still going up now at #12 while the NDC bundle has settled a bit and gone back a few places. TLOU preferred over NDC? Didn't expect that if it stays this way.

That's definitely worth noting, although we can say for certain that the Uncharted Remasters are system sellers.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

That's definitely worth noting, although we can say for certain that the Uncharted Remasters are system sellers.

Not sure if the NDC is a system seller. No significant rise in consoles sales pre NDC launch (well no notable signs on Amazon anyway). Price cut is pushing console sales. I think the only system sellers on PS4 are Batman, Star Wars and Destiny, all did very well in the charts before price cut.

SWORDF1SH said:

Not sure if the NDC is a system seller. No significant rise in consoles sales pre NDC launch (well no notable signs on Amazon anyway). Price cut is pushing console sales. I think the only system sellers on PS4 are Batman, Star Wars and Destiny, all did very well in the charts before price cut.

Well, it's at #23 so it MUST be a system seller. Gnerally speaking the term 'system seller' is associated with any title that helps significantly with sales because ALL bundles sell at least ONE console. You wouldn't call the XB1 Lego Bundle a system seller but it HAS sold systems.

The PS5 Exists. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Roronaa_chan said:
You're assuming MS won't do anything as an answer. That remains to be seen

Their answer was supposed to the the halo 5 bundle and other 5 or 6 bundles they announced last week. And no, I do expect Microsoft to drop the price again, not the extreme of last year, but definitely a nice incentive. 

I keep thinking Microsoft will announce a killer halo bundle with 5 and the mcc included for free, and a year of xbl for $299-329 around black Friday. And probably extend a holiday "promotion" to all existing bundles as well. 

The problem with this is that it will appeal to the halo fanbase, wich is the shooter fanbase, wich is already MS strongest suporrters and they already are swayed by the xbox and they most likely already own an xbox. It would be way more benefitial to add the MCC and year of live to every bundle, that way they have a chance to turn some of the other people interested in other genras into the FPS genra.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

#8 PS4 Star Wars BIII Bundle
#12 PS4 TLOU:R Bundle
#23 PS4 Uncharted Bundle
#31 PS4 Destiny TKK Bundle
#34 PS4 COD BO III Bundle
#37 Xbox One Halo 5 Bundle
#56 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#76 Xbox One Gears Of War Bundle

GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Well, it's at #23 so it MUST be a system seller. Gnerally speaking the term 'system seller' is associated with any title that helps significantly with sales because ALL bundles sell at least ONE console. You wouldn't call the XB1 Lego Bundle a system seller but it HAS sold systems.

But is it just cannibalising other sales?