By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

#09 PS4 Star Wars Battlefront LE Bundle
#15 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#18 PS4 Uncharted Bundle
#29 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#31 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle
#40 XB1 Halo 5 Bundle
#48 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle
#80 XB1 Gears of War Bundle
#85 New 3DS XL
#94 XB1 Forza 6 Bundle
#100 WiiU Deluxe

6 PS4 bundles ahead of the Halo 5 bundle might be happening soon.

Around the Network
Lortsamler said:
I can't remember ever seeing anything similar. MS needs to respond to this.

It's madness. I imagine the top 20 will have at least one more ps4 bundle before the weekend is over and it'll probably be the COD bundle. 

Funny thing is is that the ps4s stopped the rise of the Halo bundle and even pushed it down (was supposed to gradually keep rising until launch)
As I said that a cheaper ps4 would steal sales from XB1 in 2016 causing it to not be up YOY, we're already seeing a small demonstration

#09 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#15 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#19 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle
#29 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#34 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#41 XB1 Halo Bundle
#72 XB1 Gears Bundle
#93 XB1 Forza Bundle

I think it's very likely the PS4 will win November and December just because of the Star Wars bundle. The preorders for the Star Wars Bundle are consistent and incredibly high. Then when November hits, the sales should improve further. In December, when the film releases, the game should get a further boost and Black Ops 3 will have released. All this without Bloodborne DLC which will be packaged similarly to the new Destiny Bundle. Then you have games like Fat Princess, Dragon's Quest Heroes and The Tomorrow Children. If Sony need to revitalise sales it would be a simple matter of adding one or two of the many games they've released earlier in the year (the advantage Sony have that MS doesn't).

edit: I just remembered that Sony are also likely to have an Assassins Creed bundle too. $300 for an XB1 or MS don't stand a chance.

The PS5 Exists. 

Roronaa_chan said:
Funny thing is is that the ps4s stopped the rise of the Halo bundle and even pushed it down (was supposed to gradually keep rising until launch)
As I said that a cheaper ps4 would steal sales from XB1 in 2016 causing it to not be up YOY, we're already seeing a small demonstration

That's cause ps4 is selling at a much faster rate now than the halo 5 bundle. Right now, I'm seeing the second ps4 launch on Amazon, where they were offering multiple launch variations that included different games or extra controllers. 

I'm confident Sony will take November and December without much effort. PS4 is pretty much on cruise control now. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

#09 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#15 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#19 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle
#29 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#34 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#41 XB1 Halo Bundle
#72 XB1 Gears Bundle
#93 XB1 Forza Bundle

I think it's very likely the PS4 will win November and December just because of the Star Wars bundle. The preorders for the Star Wars Bundle are consistent and incredibly high. Then when November hits, the sales should improve further. In December, when the film releases, the game should get a further boost and Black Ops 3 will have released. All this without Bloodborne DLC which will be packaged similarly to the new Destiny Bundle. Then you have games like Fat Princess, Dragon's Quest Heroes and The Tomorrow Children. If Sony need to revitalise sales it would be a simple matter of adding one or two of the many games they've released earlier in the year (the advantage Sony have that MS doesn't).

edit: I just remembered that Sony are also likely to have an Assassins Creed bundle too. $300 for an XB1 or MS don't stand a chance.

The Sony assassin's creed bundle is Europe only I believe. The game launches is about two weeks and there's not been one announced for north America at this point and probably won't be. 

Wait till spring when uncharted 4, ratchet and clank game and movie, street fighter 5 launch around the time America gets their income tax refund. We could be looking at quite a substantial ps4 lead over Xbox in America, somewhere around the figure of 2.5-3 million. Maybe more. 

You're assuming MS won't do anything as an answer. That remains to be seen

Roronaa_chan said:

Maybe if they pack it with a free surface they can edge out Sony in October NPD.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Roronaa_chan said:

I'm definitely not assuming that, I can assure you. I'm expecting either a price drop from MS or heavily bundles games. With Spencer saying his job is to make the XB1 business profitable, I'm think it's more likely they'll go for the heavy bundling. The only problem with that is Sony have a whole years worth of exclusive games to add if MS do that.

The PS5 Exists. 

Roronaa_chan said:

Their answer was supposed to the the halo 5 bundle and other 5 or 6 bundles they announced last week. And no, I do expect Microsoft to drop the price again, not the extreme of last year, but definitely a nice incentive. 

I keep thinking Microsoft will announce a killer halo bundle with 5 and the mcc included for free, and a year of xbl for $299-329 around black Friday. And probably extend a holiday "promotion" to all existing bundles as well.