By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:

edit: I just remembered that Sony are also likely to have an Assassins Creed bundle too. $300 for an XB1 or MS don't stand a chance.

Which could happen next week. MS have to react to the price cut sooner rather than later.

I think MS were expecting Sony to have a price cut but not this soon. This could be why they thought the could get away with the $500 Halo bundle, capatise on the Halo release and then cut the bundle after the initial launch to $400 for BF. They might have to cut that bundle to $400 now and knock $50 off the other bundles.

Then again, cutting the price so soon before waiting to see the long term effects of PS4 outcome could be a little rash.

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Their answer was supposed to the the halo 5 bundle and other 5 or 6 bundles they announced last week. And no, I do expect Microsoft to drop the price again, not the extreme of last year, but definitely a nice incentive. 

I keep thinking Microsoft will announce a killer halo bundle with 5 and the mcc included for free, and a year of xbl for $299-329 around black Friday. And probably extend a holiday "promotion" to all existing bundles as well. 

I think the main problem here is that some people come to this thread, read what PS4 owners are saying and think we assume the PS4 will obliterate the XB1 this Christmas. That's not what my intent has been and I don't think it's what other people's intent has been either. Last year MS closed the gap by 700k but this year the PS4 is definitely not going to lose ground by that much. There is even a chance that the PS4 could take Christmas and 'gain' ground, but I haven't really given that much thought really. I'll wait until late November before I start thinking about it. At the moment I see Sony's moves as a 'holding' strategy.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Their answer was supposed to the the halo 5 bundle and other 5 or 6 bundles they announced last week. And no, I do expect Microsoft to drop the price again, not the extreme of last year, but definitely a nice incentive. 

I keep thinking Microsoft will announce a killer halo bundle with 5 and the mcc included for free, and a year of xbl for $299-329 around black Friday. And probably extend a holiday "promotion" to all existing bundles as well. 

I think the main problem here is that some people come to this thread, read what PS4 owners are saying and think we assume the PS4 will obliterate the XB1 this Christmas. That's not what my intent has been and I don't think it's what other people's intent has been either. Last year MS closed the gap by 700k but this year the PS4 is definitely not going to lose ground by that much. There is even a chance that the PS4 could take Christmas and 'gain' ground, but I haven't really given that much thought really. I'll wait until late November before I start giving that much thought.

Exactly. I'm not that crazy to call Microsoft out of the game with nearly 3 months to go of possible sales and whatever else. They will fight hard believe me. But I do feel better about ps4's chances this year than last. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:

Exactly. I'm not that crazy to call Microsoft out of the game with nearly 3 months to go of possible sales and whatever else. They will fight hard believe me. But I do feel better about ps4's chances this year than last. 

I will say though that IF Sony manage to keep things even (or even win) this Christmas, next Christmas will be dominated by the PS4.

The PS5 Exists. 

SWORDF1SH said:

#10 PS4 Star Wars LE Console Bundle
#21 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#23 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#25 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle
#36 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#38 XB1 Halo Bundle
#74 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle
#78 XB1 Gears Bundle
#80 Wii U Deluxe
#96 PS4 Fool's Edition

PS4 - 7
XB1 - 2
Wii U - 1

^^^12 hours ago

#8 PS4 Star Wars LE Console Bundle Up 2
#14 PS4 TLOUR Bundle Up 7
#21 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle Up 4
#29 PS4 Destiny Bundle Down 6
#34 PS4 Black Ops Bundle Up 2
#39 XB1 Halo Bundle Down 1
#51 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle Up 23
#77 XB1 Gears Bundle Up 1
#99 XB1 Madden Bundle Re-entry
#100 XB1 Forza 6 Bundle Re-entry

PS4 - 6
XB1 - 4
Wii U - 0

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
SWORDF1SH said:

#10 PS4 Star Wars LE Console Bundle
#21 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#23 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#25 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle
#36 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#38 XB1 Halo Bundle
#74 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle
#78 XB1 Gears Bundle
#80 Wii U Deluxe
#96 PS4 Fool's Edition

PS4 - 7
XB1 - 2
Wii U - 1

^^^12 hours ago

#8 PS4 Star Wars LE Console Bundle Up 2
#14 PS4 TLOUR Bundle Up 7
#21 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle Up 4
#29 PS4 Destiny Bundle Down 6
#34 PS4 Black Ops Bundle Up 2
#39 XB1 Halo Bundle Down 1
#51 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle Up 23
#77 XB1 Gears Bundle Up 1
#99 XB1 Madden Bundle Re-entry
#100 XB1 Forza 6 Bundle Re-entry

PS4 - 6
XB1 - 4
Wii U - 0

This is what I don't get. The Madden, Forza, and gears bundles are cheap enough they shouldn't be struggling to stay in the top 100, especially with halo 5 in two weeks. The halo bundle I can see not doing too well since its $500, but the $349 and $399 skus should be performing better. It doesn't make sense to me. 

Could it be halo is losing its appeal in America or is it just taking longer to set in this time before sales skyrocket? 

UltimateGamer1982 said:

This is what I don't get. The Madden, Forza, and gears bundles are cheap enough they shouldn't be struggling to stay in the top 100, especially with halo 5 in two weeks. The halo bundle I can see not doing too well since its $500, but the $349 and $399 skus should be performing better. It doesn't make sense to me. 

Could it be halo is losing its appeal in America or is it just taking longer to set in this time before sales skyrocket? 

Sony have said that nearly 50% of PS4 owners never owned a PS3. The Destiny Bundle has been killing it for weeks now. Put two and two together.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Sony have said that nearly 50% of PS4 owners never owned a PS3. The Destiny Bundle has been killing it for weeks now. Put two and two together.

I know, but it's just shocking to me coming from last generation when halo was enormous, and now it's looking a lot less important recently. It's just such a huge shocking turnaround from last gen. It's like were back in the PS1/PS2 gens again, though not quite as extreme yet. I still expect halo to do good numbers but the Amazon charts so far aren't showing evidence of that. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:

I know, but it's just shocking to me coming from last generation when halo was enormous, and now it's looking a lot less important recently. It's just such a huge shocking turnaround from last gen. It's like were back in the PS1/PS2 gens again, though not quite as extreme yet. I still expect halo to do good numbers but the Amazon charts so far aren't showing evidence of that. 

I think it's a matter of Bungie more than Halo. With the push for E-sports, Halo is looking like nothing more than a COD wannabe.

The PS5 Exists. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Imho Microsoft has to think more and more about PC gamers. I won't buy a Xbox One to play Halo. But i would play Halo 5 if it was released on PC.