By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Rise of the Tomb Raider is at #100 (Fallout on One is at #20), and of course the bundle isn't in the top 100.

This game is going to bomb...

Around the Network
Faelco said:
Rise of the Tomb Raider is at #100 (Fallout on One is at #20), and of course the bundle isn't in the top 100.

Good

Bryank75 said:
Faelco said:

Good

Microsoft's problem is halo is too big for their other exclusives to have a big impact at retail. Forza horizon 2 and sunset overdrive last year were very good games but failed to chart in npd while the mcc performed well. 

Now same thing, halo will dominate while Forza 6 and tomb raider are crushed under it's weight. So while Microsoft may have the superior exclusive lineup this holiday, it won't matter much as most ppl will simply ignore the other games for halo 5. Not to mention big third-party titles like COD and fallout 4. 

Square enix probably wishing they never made that deal now. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:

Microsoft's problem is halo is too big for their other exclusives to have a big impact at retail. Forza horizon 2 and sunset overdrive last year were very good games but failed to chart in npd while the mcc performed well. 

Now same thing, halo will dominate while Forza 6 and tomb raider are crushed under it's weight. So while Microsoft may have the superior exclusive lineup this holiday, it won't matter much as most ppl will simply ignore the other games for halo 5. Not to mention big third-party titles like COD and fallout 4. 

Yes I'm sure they are.... they are regreting every wad of MS cash they are stuffing into their vault.

SWORDF1SH said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Yes I'm sure they are.... they are regreting every wad of MS cash they are stuffing into their vault.

While the money may have been good, I'm sure square enix would rather not have the game bomb at retail and instead grow the fan base and the the franchise to be more profitable in future sequels. 

I'm sure that's better in the long run. 

Around the Network

SW LE is having the biggest boost
now ahead of white Destiny, #1 console on amazon

the 349 TLOU bundle is going down while the 399 PS4 with no game is going up. Lol, thumbs up amazon customers

Roronaa_chan said:

the 349 TLOU bundle is going down while the 399 PS4 with no game is going up. Lol, thumbs up amazon customers

We've finally figured out why that happens. It's not Amazon stock but rather a service Amazon provide for other retailers to help them sell items. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Roronaa_chan said:

COD bundle also getting a nice boost. November is going to be a huge month. 

The Nathan Drake Bundle is now at #114 and should break the top 100 at some point today, while the Star Wars Standard Bundle has risen 200+ places and now sits at #202

The PS5 Exists. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

While the money may have been good, I'm sure square enix would rather not have the game bomb at retail and instead grow the fan base and the the franchise to be more profitable in future sequels. 

I'm sure that's better in the long run. 

I agree, I never get why publishers do these sort of deals. They might be more than compensated in the short run, but in the long run it reduces its fan base when it returns to multi platform, happened to Mass Effect and Bioshock. Metal Gear Solid will never sell well on Xbox etc

But SE knew that they were restricting PS4 sales and will be compensated for those sales. "IF" it bombs on X1 is irrelevant.