By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
last update before the price drop. This should give us an idea of what effect it has:

#13 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#25 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#35 XB1 Halo Bundle
#61 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#69 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#81 PS4 Fool's Edition
#85 XB1 Gears Bundle
#88 XB1 Madden Bundle

So when tomorrow comes and the Fool's Edition is still 399 and still in the top 100, we will have to respect your wisdom. 

Around the Network

I just did an approximation of rough math.

Say the PS4 sells 50K per week, that's 7142.85 units per day, or 297.61 units per hour. Now say Amazon sells 15% of that, they sell 44 PS4s per hour, and when split across bundles, we need to realize that the numbers aren't that impressive to extrapolate anything from.

Amazon is on average selling ~44 PS4s across all SKUs in the US. That means the Destiny bundle is MAYBE selling 20 per hour. (probably triple that during peak hours and a fraction between off hours).

CosmicSex said:

So when tomorrow comes and the Fool's Edition is still 399 and still in the top 100, we will have to respect your wisdom. 

All boats rise with the tide, so I doubt the Fool's edition will do much better because those places above it will be replaced by better bundles. The PS4 bundles will also have to perform that little bit better because as the days pass the Halo bundle will start pushing for that lead.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

All boats rise with the tide, so I doubt the Fool's edition will do much better because those places above it will be replaced by better bundles. The PS4 bundles will also have to perform that little bit better because as the days pass the Halo bundle will start pushing for that lead.

You know the words of Saint Shu?  So then you know that PS4 stands a very good chance of taking OCtober, November and December.

CosmicSex said:

You know the words of Saint Shu?  So then you know that PS4 stands a very good chance of taking OCtober, November and December.

LOL. I'm still not 100% certain of October of November to be honest. Let's jsut say I feel as if I can afford to be more optomistic.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

COD and star wars bundles on the move. Star wars already at #53. Wouldn't be shocked if it passes the halo bundle by Monday.

They lowered the price of the TLoU bundle too. So I guess that's an official confirmation that bundle will be that price from here on?

Every bundle that got the price drop comes with a game and yet the Fool's Edition is still $399. I still think Sony are poised to make that $299 if they need to.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Every bundle that got the price drop comes with a game and yet the Fool's Edition is still $399. I still think Sony are poised to make that $299 if they need to.

The fool's edition you're talking about, I don't believe Sony sells that one anymore ever since they started bundling the last of us. 

I believe those are just the old sku without a game being sold by third-party sellers and not through Amazon directly. 

So Sony doesn't have no control on those, that's up to the individual seller to lower the price. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:

The fool's edition you're talking about, I don't believe Sony sells that one anymore ever since they started bundling the last of us. 

I believe those are just the old sku without a game being sold by third-party sellers and not through Amazon directly. 

So Sony doesn't have no control on those, that's up to the individual seller to lower the price. 

You could be right and in fact that could explain why the Fool's Edition can be constantly in the top 100 throughout the month but still not make it into the top 100 in the monthly results. Perhaps they only count their own bundles. Eureka! I think we have it.

#19 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#25 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#35 XB1 Halo Bundle
#53 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#69 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#72 XB1 Gears Bundle
#78 XB1 Madden Bundle
#90 PS4 Fool's Edition
#92 WiiU Deluxe

The PS5 Exists.