By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

UltimateGamer1982 said:
SystemFailed said:

I think you're right, maybe they will pull off another temporary price cut promotion or just undrercut ps4 price. I just don't see them giving up Halo month and the holiday season easily.

(Bring some soda will ya?) Lol

Exactly. I could also see them throwing in the master chief collection for free as an added incentive and advertise it as, 

(This holiday get the entire halo series on Xbox one with the master chief collection along with halo 5 and a year of xbl for $329) 

If Microsoft play their cards right, I could still see them winning the holidays. 

(Brings back a 2 litre of Pepsi and pizza) Lol 

Droping the price right nw would be dangerous, even if its  black fridy deal only, its bet as you said t just add value to existing bundles, wich is the main issue they have, all of their bundles anounced are very unapealing, exept for one and not by much. So I see them doing what you said but across ll bundles, add the MCC and a year of live gold, that would put them in the same possition as before, but have less backlash after the holidays end and they decide to remove the incentives or change them, but the backlash for another "temporary pricecut" would be much worse thn before. And I mean by that that last year sales plometed on jan and they had to drop the price.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

PS4 Destiny Bundle is not backorderd until October 16th. This means that tomorrow when the price drops, the two main drivers will be Uncharted Bundle, TLOU Bundle and the invincible vanilla model.

eva01beserk said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Exactly. I could also see them throwing in the master chief collection for free as an added incentive and advertise it as, 

(This holiday get the entire halo series on Xbox one with the master chief collection along with halo 5 and a year of xbl for $329) 

If Microsoft play their cards right, I could still see them winning the holidays. 

Droping the price right nw would be dangerous, even if its  black fridy deal only, its bet as you said t just add value to existing bundles, wich is the main issue they have, all of their bundles anounced are very unapealing, exept for one and not by much. So I see them doing what you said but across ll bundles, add the MCC and a year of live gold, that would put them in the same possition as before, but have less backlash after the holidays end and they decide to remove the incentives or change them, but the backlash for another "temporary pricecut" would be much worse thn before. And I mean by that that last year sales plometed on jan and they had to drop the price.

Price cuts ar emost effective when they happen for the first time like last year for the Xbox and they had COD/AC bundles while SOny had nothing after Destiny.Another price cut won't make a big difference for the X1 since the wow factor is gone now and Sony has its first price cut and COD/BF bundles.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The Halo bundle is scheduled to be released on the 20th Oct according to Amazon while the game will release on the 27th. Is this right?

Yes. As I said previously, they do that with almost every bundle that comes with the digital version of the game. They give you time to download before the release day so you are 100% ready to play it at 00:01 that day.

WRONG! It's 00:00:00:00:01 actually.

I wonder if MS will do something a bit different. If they drop the 500GB model to $299 as a phase out move and put the 1TB model in at $349, and thus reduce all 1TB special bundles also by $50, this would get sales moving without having the base sku at $299. Once the 500GB model is sold through the base model becomes the 1TB and the base price remains at $349. As long as they carry the 500GB model through to the new year is means they will go the whole holidays with a $299 sku on the market, but shouldn't suffer the same new year slump as they did this year when they raised the price back to $399 for 4 days.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

eva01beserk said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

I guess you have a point, their sales last january was downright abysmal that's why they have to make it permanent price cut. You're also right about their bundles right now, they are all unappealing except for fallout bundles so they need to add value to that, a free games (maybe halo mcc) + a year of xbl. But I think being at the 350$ price range same as the PS4 even with those added value I will stil give the PS4 the advantage, unless they undercut the PS4 price which you said would be dangerous I dont see them winning the holidays.

Around the Network

last update before the price drop. This should give us an idea of what effect it has:

#13 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#25 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#35 XB1 Halo Bundle
#61 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#69 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#81 PS4 Fool's Edition
#85 XB1 Gears Bundle
#88 XB1 Madden Bundle

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
last update before the price drop. This should give us an idea of what effect it has:

#13 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#25 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#35 XB1 Halo Bundle
#61 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#69 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#81 PS4 Fool's Edition
#85 XB1 Gears Bundle
#88 XB1 Madden Bundle

Can't wait to see the charts tomorrow. Should be enlightening for some folks. 

What idea? I mean, out of those only the CoD and SW bundles are getting cuts
Maybe the NDC bundle will finally move though

PS4 still in control is what I am getting.

Roronaa_chan said:
What idea? I mean, out of those only the CoD and SW bundles are getting cuts
Maybe the NDC bundle will finally move though

The PS4 was winning before the price drop with two bundles ahead of the Halo bundle. The gap was bound to decrease as we near the release date of Halo anyway but the price drop could slow it down. It comes down to this: Can the Halo bundle outsell the PS4 (from 27th to 31st) by enough to offset the gap the PS4 will have already increased from 1st to 27th? Nearly 4 weeks versus 5 days. Who will win? It really isn't a certainty, which is why it's interesting.

The PS5 Exists.