By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

BraLoD said:
A price cut is coming, it's all over it, just accept it, it's near.

You may be right.  Look there is more:

Get a code for a 1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership when you buy the PlayStation 4 The Last of Us Remastered Bundle, for a limited time. The code will be emailed to you within two days of your completed shipment along with redemption instructions.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-500GB-Console-Remastered-Bundle-4/dp/B011L4D3BG/ref=zg_bs_videogames_25

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:

I'm not sure about the price drop.  I think that Sony may be extending a price drop to retailers allowing them to offer deals, but they aren't yet giving that deal to consumers directly. 

Yes, that's what I think is happening, but after Target had a splash screen stating 'price drop' with the lower price and no sign of the gift card, I think it's reasonable to assume a price cut is at least possible.

I see where you are coming from and its hard to argue against your point.  I do think though that the kind of credits offered by these retailers help to maintain the overal preceived value of the PS4.    Personally I really want to see a price cut soon. 

CosmicSex said:

I see where you are coming from and its hard to argue against your point.  I do think though that the kind of credits offered by these retailers help to maintain the overal preceived value of the PS4.    Personally I really want to see a price cut soon. 

Who knows, perhaps Sony are already passing that price drop onto retailers (as you said) but have told them they can do what they feel benefits them the most. It's no skin off Sony's nose if the retailers can sell as many as Sony make, so I'm sure retailers will find every way possible to cream off a little of that new price reduction. Retailers are happy, Sony are happy and customers are happy.

The PS5 Exists. 

It's the first time we've seen 3 XB1 bundles in the top 100 for quite a while

#15 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#25 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#62 XB1 Halo Bundle
#69 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#75 WiiU Deluxe
#78 XB1 Madden Bundle
#85 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#91 PS4 Fool's Edition
#95 XB1 Gears Bundle

The PS5 Exists. 

I'm sure just before launch, the halo 5 bundle will be in the top 5 the last couple of days before it launches.

I'm sure the pre orders it already has and will get the rest of the month, will be enough to give them the win.

I just don't see Sony winning this month.

Around the Network

I still think we are looking at a $100 base model price drop. (just the base)

That would explain why retailers are starting to be aggressive.

Best buy seems to be getting in on the action now.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-4-500gb-destiny-the-taken-king-limited-edition-bundle-glacier-white/4296201.p?id=1219719590900&skuId=4296201

Just cut it already Sony!

Protendo said:
I still think we are looking at a $100 base model price drop. (just the base)

That would explain why retailers are starting to be aggressive.

The base doesn't exist anymore.. that's why if we all want to be accurate then PS4 has already had 1 price drop and the XB1 had two (or one of 100$)

PS4 no game 399.99 -> PS4 + game(s) 399.99

XB1 kinectless no game 399.99 -> XB1 kinectless + game(s) 349.99

They're essentially 299.99 and 349.99 and have been for almost a year

ratchet426 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

In fact all their bundles are overpriced to increase the perception on value when they inevitable cut they price.

MS know exactly what they want to achieve, they just don't always pull it off.

Oh my,  that's quite a theory you've got there! So MS is purposely overpricing their bundles now so as to "increase the perception of value" when they cut the price later?   M'kay, that sounds reasonable  O.o

I can just imagine how that master plan went down at Microsoft HQ...

Microsoft CFO: "We've really got to increase sales for the remainder of the year. Let's set a competive price right now and then we can lower the price on Black Friday like everyone else does."

Phil Spencer:" No!"...... (whips off his glasses and turns dramatically to glare into the camera). That's EXACTLY what they're EXPECTING us to do!

Love the dramatics lol.

But it's true. The bundles are overpriced. I know that you know that. The bundles will sell "Ok" priced how they are but they are probably purely designed for this holiday. Therefore they are made with the holiday price cut in mind.

If they price the bundle at $300 at the start then they have little control on pricing and BF they would have to drop the price even more.