By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US October monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Wii U beating Xbone this month confirmed.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
#17 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#27 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#75 WiiU Deluxe
#78 PS4 Fool's Edition
#83 XB1 Halo Bundle
#86 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#88 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#90 XB1 Madden Bundle

Christ.... if this month goes like last one, MS might buy another middleware company or AMD. I better go out and buy a X1 for the good of the industry....

But I don't like any of their games this year, except maybe Forza. hmmmm what a conundrum. 

Abun said:
Even with Halo 5 they are desperate.Pre-orders must not be very high if they have to go to this length.They did not do this with Halo 3 or any other Halo game.This may turn some consumers off like me because it makes the X1 look less valuable instead of the intended effect.

I doubt its because of halo its might be that 2k16 just didnt sell that well on the xbox one.

GribbleGrunger said:
#17 PS4 Destiny Bundle
#27 PS4 TLOUR Bundle
#75 WiiU Deluxe
#78 PS4 Fool's Edition
#83 XB1 Halo Bundle
#86 PS4 Black Ops Bundle
#88 PS4 Star Wars Bundle
#90 XB1 Madden Bundle

Even the WiiU and PS4 fools edition are ahead of XB1 Halo bundle. That high price point is really hurting it.

People are really underestimating the Halo effect and the X1 bundles. I think X1 is set up pretty well for the holiday and MS have their strategy ready to go. Mark my words we will see a $300 X1 this holiday with the Lego game bundles and Gears bundle. Fallout bundle for $350 and we might even see the Halo LE bundle down to $400.

Halo will just sell consoles, huge amounts of consoles. People are very quick to call these bundles failures before they release. Nobody really preorders bundles unless they are LE bundles like the PS4 Blops, Star Wars and TTK bundles. The bundles with just an extra game wont really have an effect until release.

I really have no idea how the holidays will go but my money is on the X1 just because of Halo and MS aggressive black friday deals.

Around the Network

^^ Sony have the regular bundles as well for CoD and Battlefront though, that I think will be popular at the time too.

But I agree with MS winning the holidays. I think if MS catch wind at any time during November that they are losing, they will instantly cut, cut and cut. Winning the holiday NPDs is the only way MS get good coverage in terms of sales. It also convinces a lot of people that MS cut the gap worldwide, there were British publications saying that the X1 had won the holidays entirely

celador said:
^^ Sony have the regular bundles as well for CoD and Battlefront though, that I think will be popular at the time too.

But I agree with MS winning the holidays. I think if MS catch wind at any time during November that they are losing, they will instantly cut, cut and cut. Winning the holiday NPDs is the only way MS get good coverage in terms of sales. It also convinces a lot of people that MS cut the gap worldwide, there were British publications saying that the X1 had won the holidays entirely

The bone might even overtake the ps4 in the us and uk but playstation will just dominate ww.

jason1637 said:

The bone might even overtake the ps4 in the us and uk but playstation will just dominate ww.

Come now, sometimes you need to know when to draw a line lol

The PS5 Exists. 

Hourly

#17 - PS4 Destiny
#29 -PS4 TLOU:R
#66 - Wii U
#76 - PS4 Fools Edition
#79 - PS4 CoD
#83 - XB1 Halo
#85 - PS4 Star Wars
#94 - XB1 Madden

Surprised to see Forza out of the top 100, not surprised however that the new XB1 bundles are doing poorly, the Fallout one is the only one I'd even consider. It all comes down to the number of people who have avoided the XB1 so far but will buy one for Halo 5, are there enough to counter the sales lead PS4 will have build up so far this month?

edit - forgot its only available through third party resellers now

SWORDF1SH said:
People are really underestimating the Halo effect and the X1 bundles. I think X1 is set up pretty well for the holiday and MS have their strategy ready to go. Mark my words we will see a $300 X1 this holiday with the Lego game bundles and Gears bundle. Fallout bundle for $350 and we might even see the Halo LE bundle down to $400.

Halo will just sell consoles, huge amounts of consoles. People are very quick to call these bundles failures before they release. Nobody really preorders bundles unless they are LE bundles like the PS4 Blops, Star Wars and TTK bundles. The bundles with just an extra game wont really have an effect until release.

I really have no idea how the holidays will go but my money is on the X1 just because of Halo and MS aggressive black friday deals.

Well if bold happens, it will probably happen because the Halo effect is not at the same level of what a "Halo effect" is usually.