By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was the point of the "New" 3DS?

Make super cute girlfriend happy and we can sit beside each other giggling while playing our shiny new 3DSes. 😘😍💕

Who am I kidding? Us lonely gamers don't have girlfriends!!! 😭 But we will have #Halo5 on 10/27!!!! 🎊🎉🎇🎆

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:

Have I missed something about this handheld? Has there been any new exclusives for it, besides XC? I wanted to get one, but now I think they are more concerned with whatever the future platform is. They haven't even showed off any new bundles, or special editions. 

You think it's still worth upgrading if you already have an XL?

I'm actually pretty disppointed with it. I knew there wasn't going to be a slew of exclusives, but I also expected more than like two... 

Thoughts? 

I think the New 3DS was designed to appease Japanese third party developers. I'm personally not surprised by the lack of exlusives. I knew it wouldn't happen, at least not right now. There isn't a market for it. It would be a dumb idea to make a major game for the 3DS that alienates tens of milllions of 3DS owners.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

yes new cool versions and limited edition.

I am happy with that!

i wish they could do teh same with the Wii U.

Switch!!!

It's pretty much like what the DS Lite and DSi were to the DS, upgrades to the existing hardware. The New 3DS fixes the shortcomings of the Old 3DS by adding more features and control options, a working 3D view, custom plates, a more solid build, and more power. It's quite simply, a good upgrade, just like the GB Slim, GB Colour, GBA SP, DS Lite, and DSi.

maybe some of you on this site are too young to remember those systems, but Nintendo always upgrades their handhelds.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Judging how bad Xenoblade did on the N3DS, im guessing Nintendo decided to not make more exclusives for it.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Point is to have fresh blood in 3DS sales.

Miyamotoo said:
Point is to have fresh blood in 3DS sales.

Nintendo needed new hardware to replace the 3DS. I'm sure the NX wan't nearly ready for that and they made a New 3DS to keep the handheld going until its replacement was ready. They put a game that core wans would like to get them to upgrade and get those sales too. And I suppose it worked.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

To revive 3ds sales once they began to stagnate?

Anyone who was expecting a lot of exclusive games was kidding themselves. Similar systems, DSi for instance, never had many exclusives.

As for the point, the OS is faster, the 3D is better, and there is a (sort of) second analog. If you play the 3DS alot and in 3D, it's a nice upgrade. If you don't have one yet, it was clearly better than the XL. If you own an XL and don't use it often or in 3D, it's not worth it.

Not every product has to be for everybody.

StarOcean said:
It was a cheap cash grab to make money off of the nub gimmick and the success of XC. I thought there would be more games for it as well. But besides XC and some downloadable eshop shooter, nothing new has come from it as far as I know

Really didn't need any more posts after the first one.