By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was the point of the "New" 3DS?

oniyide said:
i just have to wonder why this just wasnt the original 3ds in the first place, but Nintendo gonna Nintendo?

You can ask the same thing to any upgraded hardware. Especially phones. Why wasn't the iphone 6 the iphone 1. Cost. That is all. Go buy 32GB of flash memory, in 2007. That's why tech gets upgraded all the time. When it becomes cheaper to stick better stuff in. We can buy it. But can't happen if the first steps don't get done.If cost wasn't a problem. We'd have 4TB SSD in our consoles and PC's now. Discs would of been replaced by flash memory cards. Or another out of range cost media.

Nintendo only screwed up by refusing to put the second joystick on the 3DS. Everyone bitched at them for that since day one. And was stupid, after all the PSP hate towards that problem before.

Around the Network
padib said:
Scisca said:

And that is pretty much what I was talking about the whole time Being a 3DS gamer is more expensive than being a Vita gamer (at least in Europe) and I just can't accept and support such a policy, when I can clearly see they invest less to charge me more. The console itself is just the start of the investment. I'm not saying it's a bad console, just that Nintendo is ripping people off, cause the system is overpriced for what it offers and Sony gives me more bang for buck. I like the 3DS and want to buy one, but with the current pricing policy I'd rather stick to Vita and put the 3DS money into getting a PS4 or NX

I understand. It would make it so much easier if you said that 3DS games are overpriced. Otherwise I get confused with the price of the console.

And you know, to some people that's worth the price, but honestly on Nintendo games I agree with you, they are too expensive.

Cool, I'm happy we've understood each other I wish prices for Nintendo games and consoles worked like any other games and consoles when it comes to price. I like their games, but to tell the truth, between the Wii and DS I already own enough of their games not to pay these premium prices for their stuff.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

People like new technology. I bought it just to play Xenoblade.

Although the C-stick is excellent for camera controls in all of the games that allow that (and quite a few more on the way I imagine). The adaptable 3D is also brilliant.

There's also Binding of Isaac, which is new 3DS exclusive. And I imagine a few more indies will come out for it, given that they announced Unity support for it.

the_dark_lewd said:
People like new technology. I bought it just to play Xenoblade.

Although the C-stick is excellent for camera controls in all of the games that allow that (and quite a few more on the way I imagine). The adaptable 3D is also brilliant.

There's also Binding of Isaac, which is new 3DS exclusive. And I imagine a few more indies will come out for it, given that they announced Unity support for it.

Yup pretty much this.  I just got Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate brand new for 20 quid and I am really liking this.  Most stuff is expensive in the UK  not just Nintendo but Sony, Microsoft, Apple and it extends to clothing brands and everything else that has to pay UK tax.