By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP LT sales indicates that psv is heavily overtracked now due to the huge adjsutment up of april! While previously, Vgc wasn't really undertracking it or maybe it was overtracking it moderately!

Dr.Vita said:

I am sorry but this is not a fact, this is your opinion. Your are only speculating.
Tbh this thread is just bullshit imo...

Oh wow lol. Calling out someone who is doing EXACTLY what you were doing a few months ago. Now THATS bullshit.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
tak13 said:

''Layden, as well as a Sony PR representative present during the interview, declined to talk specific sales numbers for Vita''says in the end so he  must have been  asked for psp too for which it seems that it took numbers...
Discussing an experience he had recently in Tokyo, in which he was given one of the last 30 PSPs ever manufactured as a present (there are 82 million PSPs in the wild)... 

That doesn't prove that Shawn Layden said 82 million PSPs... I know the article says so, but there's no proof that was Shawn Layden's own words, and not some random bollocks the writer wrote.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252180/playstation-vita-sales-picking-up-due-to-ps4-remote-play-psp-shipments-top-game-boy-advance/

President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America Shawn Layden has told IGN that while PlayStation Vita sales are lower than expected, sales have picked up in the most recent months due t the PS4 Remote Play. He also feels it is the best handheld gaming experience when compared to the competition.

"I believe that Vita is the best handheld gaming experience, full stop, period," said Layden. "Nothing comes close to that. You can talk about your mobile, you can talk about your tablet, you can talk about, you know, Nintendo platforms or what have you in the handheld space. I think, pound-for-pound, buck-for-buck, Vita is the best gaming experience you can have."

"Vita sales have actually been picking up ever since we enabled Remote Play on the handheld," added Layden. "There's a lot of interest in the PS4 community to have that opportunity. We have not stood back from it. We have not started to withdraw from it. I think we're just seeing it maybe move into a new place as far as game content goes. But I'm still keen on it, I still play [it], and I still bring it up with the development community when I see them."

Layden also talked about how he owns one of the last 30 PSPs ever manufactured. It is also stated that lifetime shipments for the PSP have hit 82 million worldwide. That edges out the Game Boy Advance which sold 81.51 million units worldwide in its lifetime.

Trunkswd(william d'angelο),the famous vgc writer surmised the same thing with me,it's not that hard to see it,Ign wouldn't say that if they haven't been informed,they would just use an outdated number,which was 80m as of November 2013...

I repeat last sentence demonstrates that the interviewer asked for both psp  and psv,and layden publicized only psp numbers(it's self-evident the reason why he only revealed psp numbers),it seems...

Sadly,I can't find the vgc thread about that interview(there were two threads,I located the first(http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193622)(but the second was the one about the 82m psp),where I recall that you didn't doubt it but you celebrated,ergo you can refute me(No I don't accuse for anything but it's bizarre)...:P

If math suggests Vita is overtracked then it should be adjusted.

That's sort of the point of this website.

tak13 said:
Teeqoz said:

That doesn't prove that Shawn Layden said 82 million PSPs... I know the article says so, but there's no proof that was Shawn Layden's own words, and not some random bollocks the writer wrote.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252180/playstation-vita-sales-picking-up-due-to-ps4-remote-play-psp-shipments-top-game-boy-advance/

President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America Shawn Layden has told IGN that while PlayStation Vita sales are lower than expected, sales have picked up in the most recent months due t the PS4 Remote Play. He also feels it is the best handheld gaming experience when compared to the competition.

"I believe that Vita is the best handheld gaming experience, full stop, period," said Layden. "Nothing comes close to that. You can talk about your mobile, you can talk about your tablet, you can talk about, you know, Nintendo platforms or what have you in the handheld space. I think, pound-for-pound, buck-for-buck, Vita is the best gaming experience you can have."

"Vita sales have actually been picking up ever since we enabled Remote Play on the handheld," added Layden. "There's a lot of interest in the PS4 community to have that opportunity. We have not stood back from it. We have not started to withdraw from it. I think we're just seeing it maybe move into a new place as far as game content goes. But I'm still keen on it, I still play [it], and I still bring it up with the development community when I see them."

Layden also talked about how he owns one of the last 30 PSPs ever manufactured. It is also stated that lifetime shipments for the PSP have hit 82 million worldwide. That edges out the Game Boy Advance which sold 81.51 million units worldwide in its lifetime.

Trunkswd(william d'angelο),the famous vgc writer surmised the same thing with me,it's not that hard to see it,Ign wouldn't say that if they haven't been informed,they would just use an outdated number,which was 80m as of November 2013...

I repeat last sentence shows that interviewer asked for both psp  and psv,and layden publicized only psp numbers,it seems...

Sadly,I can't find the vgc thread about that interview(there were two threads,I located the first(http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193622)(but the second was the one about the 82m psp),where I remember that you didn't doubt it but you celebrated,ergo you can refute me(No I don't accuse for anything but it's bizarre)...:P

Hmm, may be. It just seems weird that we'd get PSP numbers in some random interview, but not in financial reports or anything like that.

Can't really say I care much about Vita numbers anymore, Sony have stopped releasing shipped numbers for their handhelds (at least they didn't give them in their last report) so I doubt we'll ever get a definitive answer to the Wii U vs PSV thing (which is the only reason anyone cares at all about these numbers at this point.)

Teeqoz said:
tak13 said:

I repeat last sentence shows that interviewer asked for both psp  and psv,and layden publicized only psp numbers,it seems...

Sadly,I can't find the vgc thread about that interview(there were two threads,I located the first(http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193622)(but the second was the one about the 82m psp),where I remember that you didn't doubt it but you celebrated,ergo you can refute me(No I don't accuse for anything but it's bizarre)...:P

Hmm, may be. It just seems weird that we'd get PSP numbers in some random interview, but not in financial reports or anything like that.

Can't really say I care much about Vita numbers anymore, Sony have stopped releasing shipped numbers for their handhelds (at least they didn't give them in their last report) so I doubt we'll ever get a definitive answer to the Wii U vs PSV thing (which is the only reason anyone cares at all about these numbers at this point.)

Teeqozy!:P

I have said that many times...It's sad!Sony's silence will cause epic fights here....:P

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

It's not because people care about the accuracy of vg numbers?

Overtracked, undertracked, who cares? It's not like this site is really tracking anything lately.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

KLAMarine said:
Teeqoz said:

It's not because people care about the accuracy of vg numbers?

I doubt it, and that's kinda a lost cause at this point. The 3DS has been confirmed a million overtracked for almost a year now, and that's with stronger evidence than this thread has, and people don't really care about that.

Dr.Vita said:

I am sorry but this is not a fact, this is your opinion. Your are only speculating.
Tbh this thread is just bullshit imo...

You mad bro?

wii u > vita

ps3-sales! said:
That's a lot of effort put into a post talking about a failed console.

This