By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox bunduru final day: 1TB, Fallout 4 + 3, $400

KiigelHeart said:
Faelco said:
KiigelHeart said:
Well I'm sure even the uninformed masses take some time to inspect products and consider alternatives before spending hundreds of dollars 😊 and Xbox has plenty of box art to catch the eye. And if we go any further, there's always those who'll go "I don't want anything fancy, just the basic console".

I know, I know, don't worry ^^. But if the most visible bundle push just a few percent of buyers to check it first, it can make a difference, even if it's just one percent of buyers (on hundred thousands). I don't think this point will determine the Holiday winner at all! 

Heh I don't worry and I agree box art can make a difference. Ps4 CoD box is indeed the most eye-catching and cool at the moment. But there's still a chance MS went nuts with Fallout bundle art!

It will surely be the main announcement this week (so maybe the last one?), we'll see what they can make with it!  (limited edition console IMO) 

Around the Network

This ms is the company i like

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Even if this hits $350 in November, the current Walmart bundle that is the Gears bundle plus a controller for $350 seems like a better deal.

Am I crazy?

Dr.Vita said:

Cool bundle! A little bit better than the Tomb Raider bundle. ^^

Nope. This bundle has no discount. The Tomb Raider bundle includes a brand new game. The TR bundle is the better value at $400. This bundle needs to be $350.

This could of been a decent family friendly bundle...and then they add Gears of War.

Around the Network

This bundle is very reminiscent of a PS4 remaster bundle: it may not be a big mover, but it is a great way to repackage and profit of older content. As far as box art is concerned, yes, PS seems to have a done a much better job of creating more eye-catching and visually appealing boxes. Given their brand strength, it probably will have an impact on the general consumer.

What will really matter is MS' willingness to weather deep price cuts like last year. Consumers will be looking at big "Sale" price tags far more than pretty boxes, especially the technically uninformed. If the prices of the two consoles are relatively the same, little things, like aesthetics, can have an appreciable impact. Even more important is consumers' expectations: if everyone is expecting a big X1 price drop ("They do it every year; just wait."), then X1 may see slower sales, there is no price drop.

AEGRO said:
Are people waiting for Xbox One Holiday Bundles? This is the Amazon Top 100 right now:

#14 - PS4 Destiny TTK SE

#31 - PS4 TLOU Bundle

#58 - PS4 COD SE

#72 - Wii U

#83 - PS4 SW SE

#87 - PS4 Standard

#100 - X1 Forza 6 SE

Or maybe they are waiting for halo.

Faelco said:
KiigelHeart said:
Well I'm sure even the uninformed masses take some time to inspect products and consider alternatives before spending hundreds of dollars 😊 and Xbox has plenty of box art to catch the eye. And if we go any further, there's always those who'll go "I don't want anything fancy, just the basic console".

I know, I know, don't worry ^^. But if the most visible bundle push just a few percent of buyers to check it first, it can make a difference, even if it's just one percent of buyers (on hundred thousands). I don't think this point will determine the Holiday winner at all! 

Pretty much this, if it wasnt important companies wouldnt waste money on box art designs and stuf. Its not something hughe but there are a couple of moms for example whod walk into a store knowing her son or nephew loves videogames and not realy know much about any console, see the PS4 better looking box, move towards it and ask for information and not even take a second glance at the bland XOne box.

Ps: not entirely related to the debate or the topic but damm that Halo 5 XOne is beautfull. I will be millionaire and colect limited edition consoles one day... I hope.

Sharpryno said:
AEGRO said:

Thats what im saying!

Microsoft is just releasing a regular box with a couple of pictures stamped on it, Sony on the other hand is at least making a customized box with the game bundled.

The regular guy aka "I thought the Wii U was just an accesorie" type of guy, will be turning his head to the better designed box, no matter how silly this sounds, its just how it is.

Like i said in my previous post, imagine two stacks of boxes in the front of Best Buy, one with the X1 bundle, and one with this box. Which is going to catch the attention of the regular joe?

What are you taling about? 

That' exactly what he is talking about, bland looking bundles box art. But i gotta say that Halo 5 console looks good especially the controller.

I think microsoft should try to profit instead of gaining market share this holiday. Sell most bundles at $400 have a few at $350 and make money.