By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How likely is in your opinion a Zelda U port on the next Nintendo home console ?

SJReiter said:
So the issue I've always had with this theory is that it would mean either the game releases in 2017, or NX launches in 2016. I always assumed (and still do) that NX would launch in 2017, so if Zelda U launches in 2016 it wouldn't really make much sense to port it. For Twilight Princess, it came out for the GameCube just a couple weeks after releasing for the Wii. If Zelda U comes out for NX a year after launching on the Wii U, I don't really see what the point would be, and hence believe it to be unlikely.

most of us speculate that the game might get a graphical bump from the Wii U to the next console version, plus usually Nintendo when they release a game that recently came out on another of their consoles it comes with extra content, just look at Hyrule Warriors for 3DS...

Around the Network

I don't see other possibility to be honest. So 100% likely for me.

Zelda games take a lot of time to be made, and if Zelda U is not ported to the NX, then that would probably mean that until Zelda U is finished they won't start working on Zelda for NX.

And if wii u buyers are already burnt because of the lack of Zelda's on the wii u (let´s not count the hd remaster, I didn't play it when it was released and I bought it for the wii u but for me is not like a "real" Zelda) the situation would be the same with the NX, the game would be coming out at the end of the third year if not later, and that is late for a game so hyped as Zelda series.

I have read a lot of posts from people saying that if they port Zelda wiiu to the nx they would feel betrayed because they were waiting the game for the wii u and not for the nx.

The game would be coming to the wii u anyway so why the complaint? Why do people care if it comes also for the NX? The more platforms the better. Aren't people always complaining that not a single mainline pokemon has been in a console ever? Wouldn't they be happy if it was?

So it's the same for Zelda U/NX. The more platforms, the more players can enjoy the game.

The only case where I would understand the outrage is if they don´t release the new Zelda for the wii u, only for the NX. Then I would be really pissed off too.

Twilight Princess was the biggest "fuck you" Nintendo could give to GameCube owners.

Not only did they delay it a ton so that it could make the Wii launch date, but on top of that they purposely delayed the GameCube version even further to ensure the Wii version would have an exclusivity window.

So if you waited for it on GCN, you had to sit there and wait two weeks while everyone on Wii had already played it, lol.

Yeah, sure, Nintendo "cares" alright. Not only that they gave the GCN game just a tiny print run in the US/Europe and didn't even release it for Japanese GameCube owners.

People here have selective memory, I saw how Nintendo "supported" the GameCube in its last year. They treated it and its fanbase like shit. And the GameCube sold considerably better than the Wii U.

Luke888 said:
SJReiter said:
So the issue I've always had with this theory is that it would mean either the game releases in 2017, or NX launches in 2016. I always assumed (and still do) that NX would launch in 2017, so if Zelda U launches in 2016 it wouldn't really make much sense to port it. For Twilight Princess, it came out for the GameCube just a couple weeks after releasing for the Wii. If Zelda U comes out for NX a year after launching on the Wii U, I don't really see what the point would be, and hence believe it to be unlikely.

most of us speculate that the game might get a graphical bump from the Wii U to the next console version, plus usually Nintendo when they release a game that recently came out on another of their consoles it comes with extra content, just look at Hyrule Warriors for 3DS...

I've heard people saying that, but for me, I would rather they just do an HD remake of Twilight Princess. I don't want a remaster of a game that came out a year earlier. Especially since Zelda Wii U will already look very nice. 

I would say it would go either way... 50/50

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
SJReiter said:

Nintendo had problems making Wii Party U and had to delay it a few months. That was a board game. How long do you think a giant open world Zelda game will take?

87%

Until NX is shown for the first time and I can see what their actual approach for their next generation of consoles is, I can't tell if Zelda U is getting a port.

Its pretty probable, but I don't care either way because its coming to Wii U.

I played TP on GC then on the Wii. Preferred it on GC. Loved Skyward Sword though.

100% sure it will happen. But will come to both devices, Wii U and NX.
Why do I believe that?

- More expensive Zelda game ever. Selling alone on the Wii U is a risk for not broke even financially.
- 30th anniversary is next year, and for both devices, alongside Special Editions and concerts will make it a big celebration.
- Push the NX launch for more core gamers, specially for all of those that don't want to buy a Wii U.

BTW, let's just mention some fun facts:

TP was delayed in August 2005, for release in some months.
Zelda HD was delayed in March 2015, for release at the end of the year.

From TP, we have some trailers, in-game footage and demos from Ordon Ranch and Forest Temple.
From Zelda HD, we only have a teaser and off-screen footage of an empty world.

TP had a title before teh delay (Twilight Princess) and some tidbits of the story.
Zelda HD is a mistery right now as we don't know the title or any tidbit about the story.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile