By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How likely is in your opinion a Zelda U port on the next Nintendo home console ?

It's very likely but I think it will come at least 1 year later cause by the looks of things the NX will only release in 2017 and Zelda U will probably be a November 2016 title.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Very likely. I have no issues with it.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

I honestly think it's likely to happen.

Anyway, do you think you should create a poll for your thread, OP?

Confused as to why people think NX is launching in 2017. Nothing about Nintendo's actions seem to suggest that Nintendo is prepared to support the Wii U for another 2 years. Like 2 games for it were announced at E3, and most of its 2016 lineup is games that were delayed from 2015. They're already talking up the NX very publicly, and announcing it (officially) in 2016 and launching in 2017 would basically give them a lame duck holiday season.

2016 is much more likely IMO.

Soundwave said:

This might be the most expensive game in Nintendo's history. HD, large game scope, 4+ year dev cycle ... they're not going to let it rot on the Wii U where it will sell 2.5-3 million and then fizzle out.

It will easily double those sales if its in the NX launch window. There's not really much to contemplate here. 

Does Mario Kart 8 Fizzle out? No. Zelda would reach its normal maxium sales numbers, on Wii U.

Around the Network

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Zelda U should move to NX to sell hardware quickly to give some sort of confidence to studios the system isn't going to tank like Wii U.

Then maybe 3 months later release a Wii U port for the butt hurt people who rather think in the present failures of Nintendo than about the potential future success of Nintendo.

Pretty much 100%. Nintendo consoles with a very strong launch title seem to do the best. The N64 had Super Mario 64 and the Wii had The Twilight Princess and those consoles had decent and amazing sales respectively. The Gamecube did not have strong launch titles and neither did the Wii U.

I think it's more likely that the WiiU version will be the port.

Extremely likely.

F**k Nintendo if they release Zelda U on the NX. I can't believe how many people are fine with having bought a console that Nintendo considers to be a piece of sh*t. Not releasing an exclusive Zelda on a Nintendo console is just like not releasing a Mario: UNACCEPTABLE. Promising support for the Wii U and then not release an exclusive Zelda on it, which after 30 years of releasing a Zelda game on EVERY single console you release is pretty much REQUIRED from them, is a SCAM, plain and simple. Next time they have a console that bombs they are just not going to even bother with a Mario - because if Zelda skipped a console why not Mario? - and people will be happy playing some low-budget indie title or Star Fox Zero 2 instead, I'm absolutely sure of it.