By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Majora's Mask 3D really difficult for me...

I really love the Zelda franchise and has to be my favorite. But the thing about it, is that it's really hard... I find Majora's Mask to be the hardest. Like I wouldn't knew how to get the inverted song that slows down time on my own. There's so many heart pieces that you wont ever find on your own. There's so many things to do in a 3 day cycle and wont even find them to do them all. What I do is, I beat it first with a walkthrough, then beat it the 2nd time on my own. With Skyward Sword, I do beat the dungeons on my own and I use walkthroughs to find my way where to go next. At times I feel really stupid when it comes to Zelda games, but at the same time it's fun. Majora's Mask is hard for me because of the 3 day cycle, I'm always afriad to run out of time while in a dungeon (happened to me once).  What I'm asking is, am I alone? Does anyone else do this? Or is it just me? 

Around the Network

My sister who is also a diehard Zelda fan can't beat this game. She has been trying and trying ever since it released and she still can't.

It's the same situation with one of my friends who also loves Zelda. She never beat Majora's Mask and tells herself she never will. Lol

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

give up on walkthroughs

the first time I played a Zelda game was ocarina of time and it was also the first 3D game i ever played it took me a whole month to beat the game but eventually i did so can you.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Majora's mask is definitely the hardest zelda game IMO. you should play every other (3D) zelda game first to perfect your skills. It takes a while to get used to the day cycle, but once you learn to work to one tangible goal at a time (along with maximizing time through fast travel and slowing time) you are able to chip away at i bit by bit. you have to get to a new item or mask or beat a boss during your 3 days in order to beat the game.

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

is indeed the hardest zelda game i played.
ocarinas water temple is piece of cake compared to stone tower temple.
the 3 day cicle really demand you to be organized, and focus on certains things. it adds a tension feeling to the game.
is my favorite game.

Around the Network

The only problem I really remember having with the game was with the water dungeon, and that only because the ice arrows didn't previously create islands you could hop on (it took a frustrated "blast away!" moment for me to find that out).

Still, the game is quite different than other Zelda games. My advice is to spend each cycle focused solely on one thing. This cycle is devoted to unlocking the temple; the next is to beat the temple (or at least get its item); the next is to follow this character; the next is to search for heart pieces; etc. etc.

Once you break the game down like this, it stops being overwhelming and becomes, if not straightforward, at least followable.

Well, it's actually the hardest 3D Zelda, so no doubt you are struggling with it. I also enjoyed a lot games with walkthroughs, for example, Zelda II, Zelda I, FFCrystal Chronicles, currently Chrono Trigger.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I have to admit that i'm a huge Zelda fan, but I can't bring myself to play this due to the clock.

The first playthrough isn't really the fun one with MM, coming from somebody who loves it to death. It's the later ones that really cement its quality. It's the only Zelda I can stand to do challenge runs in. My first 3D run I did an efficiency 100% run and got through everything possible within as few cycles as I could. I'm still building up the energy to try a one cycle run.

My advice: Stick with it. The 3DS version makes Great Bay bearable and actually kind of fun. Take your time, don't try to fully 100% your first playthrough, because the guide will just make it less fun as a whole that way. Don't forget about the Sheikah Stone inside Clock Tower, because that's all the guide you really need. They literally show you exactly where every heart piece is.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Nintation360 said:

I really love the Zelda franchise and has to be my favorite. But the thing about it, is that it's really hard... I find Majora's Mask to be the hardest. Like I wouldn't knew how to get the inverted song that slows down time on my own. There's so many heart pieces that you wont ever find on your own. There's so many things to do in a 3 day cycle and wont even find them to do them all. What I do is, I beat it first with a walkthrough, then beat it the 2nd time on my own. With Skyward Sword, I do beat the dungeons on my own and I use walkthroughs to find my way where to go next. At times I feel really stupid when it comes to Zelda games, but at the same time it's fun. Majora's Mask is hard for me because of the 3 day cycle, I'm always afriad to run out of time while in a dungeon (happened to me once).  What I'm asking is, am I alone? Does anyone else do this? Or is it just me? 

when i first started zelda series i was a bit afraid then i was way more confident, now just read walkthroughs sometimes, i mean time comes and then you learn these kind of stuff easily in and out and how games want you to go further. theres really nothing to worry about in majoras mask, just use the inverted time song, then you have plenty of time, and when time starts to run out just place the remaining rupees in the bank and so on and rewind time, you can rewind time how many times you want, dont be afraid to do it alot.