By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance Review Thread - Metacritic: 81

Tagged games:

tokilamockingbrd said:
good tips guys.

Got the game last week. 1st Disgaea game. Really like it. On episode 7. low 30s. Still trying to get my head around all of the options available.

A few questions.

1. Subclasses, what do I do with them and why do they matter, I have been setting them but not seeing what affect it has. And should I level one up all the way before changing to another or is balance better.
2. Do you get more evility slots later?
3. Squads. How do I use them effectively.
4. Interrogations, what is the point?

I have a lot more questions, but those were on my mind. Thanks.

1. Subclass all of your main characters to anything. I would set your highest to Maid, as at 5 it has something really good for later. Other then that you can set subclasses based on what they are good at: gunner-sera archer-christo etc.  You can go either way, but I wanted to unlock the created characters so I did it based on that.

2. It seems so, mastery level 3 or 4 I got an extra.

3. Tons of squads, so really just use them as you see fit. Like giants can help u beat the game faster, xp share is nice for characters you don't feel get enough kills. Exploration squad is nice.

4. After getting their sp to 0, you can extract them into a crystal for permanent stat gains. At maid lvl 5 you can learn an evility that lets you use items in a radius that affects all. So that extract gets x5 in affect or so.

Not all that important until you beat the game, but some things to keep in mind if you don't want a bigger grind.

Around the Network

Seraphina...
I approve of this character

I'm trying to get more approvals from senators but some of them require the times "symbols" what items are these? And where can I get them? Also is there a way to buy "orbs" and "muscles" it seems the only way to get the those two items is either through prizes from the medical nurse or through bonus chains, but this will take some time.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
I'm trying to get more approvals from senators but some of them require the times "symbols" what items are these? And where can I get them? Also is there a way to buy "orbs" and "muscles" it seems the only way to get the those two items is either through prizes from the medical nurse or through bonus chains, but this will take some time.

If I recall correctly symbols are the equipment that up the wearer's stats by a set amount across the board.  Like the Imperial seal and the Dark Rosary.  Apologies if I'm misremembering.  

Finally managed to unlock the first martial training stage, I can't believe the weapons that you can get on the bonus chain on this level! Each weapon when I get one is giving the character who holds that weapon 700+ attack at least on top of what they've already got. Also the armour is the same in defence and my thief grabs one every time haha.
Just a shame I spent 2 hours redoing that stage earning loads of XP and rare weapons only for my 17month old daughter to press the disc eject button on my PS4 and lose all my progress aahhhhhh! I guess that serves me right not to save regularly.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Definitely the best grinding jrpg of Atlus indeed. I think this is the best game they developed as well when it comes to character development or personalities! Must buy indeed for PS4 die hard disgaea fans like me! Though I will never ever platinum a disgaea game. Not enough time for that anymore lol

BraLoD said:
68 from Games Master UK (nov 3rd)

this magazine hate disgaea, that is sad. its the biggest tactic-game this year and looks (my opinion) great : )

how are the sales figures in the west?