By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance Review Thread - Metacritic: 81

Tagged games:

I'm really pathetic and have no friends. Please excuse the trolling message that used to be here, I don't know any better.

Around the Network

I'm really pathetic and have no friends. Please excuse the trolling message that used to be here, I don't know any better.

So is this going to be the discussion thread for the game aswell as review scores?
I played the demo today and really enjoyed it, the main character Killia is a bit serious and I bit 1 toned with his voice but the others seem good I instantly liked Seraphina. I'll carry on playing the demo and level up and gain skills because the save file from the demo moves into the game once you buy it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Played a lot of disgaea 3 but never finished it. There's just soooo much to do so that was the only reason I didn't finish it, I can tell already that this will be the same but I'm going to focus more on story rather than trying to get a super strong team.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
StokedUp said:
Played a lot of disgaea 3 but never finished it. There's just soooo much to do so that was the only reason I didn't finish it, I can tell already that this will be the same but I'm going to focus more on story rather than trying to get a super strong team.

You didn't beat the main story on Disgaea 3? (I love Disgaea 3 intro, btw).

It's actually better to focus on a few chars than building a whole team at the same time.
Give priority to the main chars (specially THE main char) and Skulls/Mages, then just work with range and combos + geo effects and you are good to go, and Thieves if you want to have an easier time after beating the game.

No never finished the main story :)

Thanks for the info, that's what I'll do then with my team, I'll focus on main characters. I've recruited a Mage and healer as I remember how useful they were in D3. I'm just gonna grind and loot the hell out of this demo till I get the physical release in around 2 week now :D

That demo wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be, just as a new character get introduced its ends, :/. I'll just grind the last level on the demo and learn as many abilities as I can. One thing is for sure the demo definitely sold it to me, I was in two minds whether to get it before playing because of the amount of content and time it takes up but now I've played it and left on the cliffhanger of a new character being introduced to the team I'm wanting more :D good job NIS.

So played the shit out of this demo, releases here on Friday got all my characters to level 24 and unlocked a few advanced classes. I'm probably going to stop there, I don't want to exhaust the gameplay. Looking forward to Friday or Saturday when I get it now to carry on the story.

65, that's a bit low compared to the other scores.
Hopefully should have this today, just depends whether I can be bothered to drive into the city after work to go fetch it lol

Bought the game today :D enjoying it, but one thing is! My team is soooo big. Red magus and christo have joined my party and its hard to level them all up. I'm going to go the route of having an all round balanced party rather than a few over powered characters. Just wondering whether to get rid of some of my other non story members.