By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance Review Thread - Metacritic: 81

Tagged games:

No surprise--it looks fantastic!

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Roronaa_chan said:

NISA should have replaced prinnies with football balls.. Insta 90

One of them saying the game is not very open to newcomers, the other saying it needs a visual upgrade, so it's not that good.
So Disgaea is losing points for not coming from a big company and not being focused on casuals.
I see...

A JRPG being rated down for being a JRPG? How, uh, shocking?

Really looking forward to know more about the legendary Prism Rangers :p

BraLoD said:
80 from 3DJuegos

That should count as a 90 as the game is 2D.

Dang I was hoping i could save some money by skipping this entry but these reviews makes me wonder.

They should've included an online mode. We spend infinite amount of time building a squad, why not let us battle online against other players? That would've been fun and probably gave it the sales push it needed in Japan.

Around the Network

Good to see that the game got good reviews, i wont be able to get it on day 1 as i wanted but i will get it eventually.

LurkerJ said:
They should've included an online mode. We spend infinite amount of time building a squad, why not let us battle online against other players? That would've been fun and probably gave it the sales push it needed in Japan.

The main problem is that it's very unbalanced overall. There is a big difference between someone with 300 hours of griding and someone with 320 hours of grinding. The one with characters reincarnated once more will probably os your team.

There are already a few online elements though, just not straight PvP.

RenCutypoison said:
LurkerJ said:

The main problem is that it's very unbalanced overall. There is a big difference between someone with 300 hours of griding and someone with 320 hours of grinding. The one with characters reincarnated once more will probably os your team.

I know about the availabe online elements. I am talking about a competitive online mode, straight PvP as you put it. I guess balancing would be difficult and the userbase isn't that large to create a healthy online environment anyway. 

BraLoD said:
RenCutypoison said:

Not to say the games are really niche and NIS is not a big studio.

Holding online servers would be mostly pointless to the players after not much time and costly to NIS to keep.

Yeah , that just crossed my mind too. I love the series but the niche is becoming more niche. Something needs to be done 

Oh look, another PS4 exclusive that people conveniently forget about when saying PS4 has no exclusives in the back end of the year. It's like death by a thousand cuts. None of the PS4 exclusives are the big hit game people look for, but several niche games appealing to different audiences all help keep sales moving forward.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix