By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Persona 5 become more popular than Persona 4?

Tagged games:

Will Persona 5 become more popular than Persona 4?

Yes, hail to the new Persona king. 73 75.26%

No, it will become more p... 11 11.34%

No, it won't even surpass Persona 3. 5 5.15%

THIS CAROUSEEEELLLLLL 8 8.25%

Total:97

I think so.
Not only do I think it will outperform Persona 4, but if Atlus plays their cards right, and pushes this as THE RPG game of the PS4, then I think this could be the game that puts Persona series on the map.

Around the Network

Yes I think it will be more popular than persona 4 since I think it was fantastic,

hope it would sell better than P4. i still looking at P4 on my PS3 as a digital download soon. not enough time to play games though hence I'm holding back.

DerNebel said:
Reading through this thread I really have to wonder, how many of you guys played P3 and 4 on PS2? Surely I can't be the only one.

I did as well :)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

I dont see why not Also, an NX port IMO is not impossible. If the system will sell well Japanese developers will support it, and Persona, is not a Sony exclusive franchise

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
I dont see why not Also, an NX port IMO is not impossible. If the system will sell well Japanese developers will support it, and Persona, is not a Sony exclusive franchise

If the NX doubles as a handheld and has enough power, japanese developers will love it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Really hard to say. It will well become the flavour of the month but to say it will me more popular is just too hard at this time.

P4 got several spin off games, anime, manga, etc. P5 will get a similar treatment but to what extent?

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

hunter_alien said:

Except it is? What are you talking about Persona has always been on PlayStation, you might be thinking of the SMT series. Also, if they've said it's not coming to PC, it sure as hell is not coming to NX. And I'm pretty sure Atlus themselves have said, just recently, that it's coming to exclusively too PS4 and PS3.

I've also been seeing this a lot, people saying, "It'll probably come to NX", games which have never been on Nintendo consoles.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
hunter_alien said:

Except it is? What are you talking about Persona has always been on PlayStation, you might be thinking of the SMT series. Also, if they've said it's not coming to PC, it sure as hell is not coming to NX. And I'm pretty sure Atlus themselves have said, just recently, that it's coming to exclusively too PS4 and PS3.

I've also been seeing this a lot, people saying, "It'll probably come to NX", games which have never been on Nintendo consoles.

Isn't Persona Q on the 3DS? I mean, it's just a Etrian Odyssey reskin with Persona characters, sure, but it could have arrived to the Vita if Persona was PS exclusive. And Nintendo has always had a decent amount of SMT games. It's improbable, but not impossible.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Ali_16x said:
hunter_alien said:

Isn't Persona Q on the 3DS? I mean, it's just a Etrian Odyssey reskin with Persona characters, sure, but it could have arrived to the Vita if Persona was PS exclusive. And Nintendo has always had a decent amount of SMT games. It's improbable, but not impossible.

Sorry, should have been more specific, I'm talking about the mainline games and again Atlus has already said it's exclusive. Swear, seeing so many posts like "probably coming to NX" where none of these games have ever been on Nintendo platforms.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"