By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Persona 5 become more popular than Persona 4?

Tagged games:

Will Persona 5 become more popular than Persona 4?

Yes, hail to the new Persona king. 73 75.26%

No, it will become more p... 11 11.34%

No, it won't even surpass Persona 3. 5 5.15%

THIS CAROUSEEEELLLLLL 8 8.25%

Total:97
BraLoD said:
PieToast said:

Sure, but back then they were only popular among JRPG nerds. Persona 4 Golden, on the other hand, received a lot more exposure than the PS2 versions of Persona 3 and 4 even though it was only released on Vita.

That's the point, exposure.

P5 is getting a lot more mouth to mouth exposure, also internet is a lot broader and influential nowdays, P5 has actually less people to sell to, but a lot more exposure.

What sells games, or anything else, is exposure, either consumers doing it or with planned marketing channels.

Once peopoe actually get to know this franchise exists and what it's like/about, it has a lot more chance to sell, which is happening now.

Some games get lucky, some don't. It's pretty awesome how the Persona series got a second chance when they rereleased Persona 4 Golden.  

Mouth to mouth... exposure? sounds like a virus that spreads through saliva :P 

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
episteme said:
Yes, definitely in the West. It should easily be a million seller.

And I expect relatively stable sales in Japan.

It has been the only game up to FF15 in most wanted lists.

Actually beating FF15 when PS4 + PS3 combined.

It's going to do great in Japan.

You mean Famitsu's Most Wanted list?

Persona games always do great there: http://gematsu.com/2012/03/famitsus-most-wanted-issue-1213

I think over 400K on PS3 + PS4 are possible in Japan and that would be a great result.

It has the potential.

yeah, thanks to fans and those on the bandwagon

For sure, yes.

It will easily surpass p4 original sales, will get a million fast, and a anime/manga later.

Around the Network

Ultimately, it will likely surpass P4's sales, likely because there have been numerous new fans in 4/8 year gap since its release.
But whether it managed to really break new ground in terms of popularity comes down to how well it gets marketed. Since marketing is extremely expensive, Atlus will likely have to turn to either Sega or Sony for financial help. My guess is the former is probably more likely, though the latter could probably provide more money.

Definitely. P4 came out years after the seventh generation started while Golden came out on a system that wasn't very popular. P5 has the hype from P3 & 4, and it's coming out on a console that's doing incredibly well.

Ka-pi96 said:
fireburn95 said:
I can't see it coming to the NX, it seems sony japan are offering support on it, not the sort of deal that usually results it in coming to another platform (at least straight away)

Cant wait to play it though!

But apparently not enough support to show it at their TGS show...

Because Persona 5 had their own event 2/3 days later...

And it was at last years presser. No need to duplicate info

Reading through this thread I really have to wonder, how many of you guys played P3 and 4 on PS2? Surely I can't be the only one.

DerNebel said:
Reading through this thread I really have to wonder, how many of you guys played P3 and 4 on PS2? Surely I can't be the only one.

My PS2 died before I could find a copy of either :( I would emulate them, but I'd like to play the Golden versions, if they do more.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.