By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Persona 5 become more popular than Persona 4?

Tagged games:

Will Persona 5 become more popular than Persona 4?

Yes, hail to the new Persona king. 73 75.26%

No, it will become more p... 11 11.34%

No, it won't even surpass Persona 3. 5 5.15%

THIS CAROUSEEEELLLLLL 8 8.25%

Total:97

Automatically for me. Not really much of a story gamer, but if you it is a story that appeals to me, and really seems integral to good gameplay elements I'm in. Never knew of Persona till 4 and it was really disinteresting to me. I could play the Arenas because it reminded me of JoJo but even then I was meh. Persona 5's main character looks really awesome and the initial gameplay seen makes it more up my ally ( can't say the same for the other guys, but I'll pay attention to this one

Around the Network

In a perfect world it'd be on all current gen consoles. But it has no chance of landing on Xbone and I doubt on NX.

This will be my first persona game so I don't have much perspective. I did play P4 Golden on my Vita for like 10 min tho before i sold it. Seemed like a good game. Crappy console.

Anyway. I'm very interested in P5. Hopefully it lives up to the hype!

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I can't see it coming to the NX, it seems sony japan are offering support on it, not the sort of deal that usually results it in coming to another platform (at least straight away)

Cant wait to play it though!

P5 will be big. Maybe even bigger than P3+P4 put together. I just hope that we get P5 Golden on Vita later on.

I'm also dreaming about a P3 Golden on Vita, but I know chances are none for this, despite it being an easy port and easy profit for the company :( I love P3 so much, but would want to play it on Vita with trophies and with all the FES and Portable content put together... Would be a glorious experience.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

I mean idk how u can judge popularity by not counting sales, and review scores but ya id say so

Around the Network

Persona 4 was featured in many lists, articles and videos as the best game on Vita, so that contributed greatly to the popularity of the series. But unlike the previous game, Persona 5 will release on PS3 and PS4, which have a far bigger install base that include those who already know how great Persona 4 was but can't get it.

I think popularity is almost synonymous with sales, or can at least mean that you have more potential costumers like in the case of Persona 4.

.- -... -.-. -..

Yes, definitely in the West. It should easily be a million seller.

And I expect relatively stable sales in Japan.

Scisca said:
P5 will be big. Maybe even bigger than P3+P4 put together. I just hope that we get P5 Golden on Vita later on.

I'm also dreaming about a P3 Golden on Vita, but I know chances are none for this, despite it being an easy port and easy profit for the company :( I love P3 so much, but would want to play it on Vita with trophies and with all the FES and Portable content put together... Would be a glorious experience.

Yes, I'd also be first in line waiting for this to be released ! I actually even dreamed about Atlus announcing it as their "New title announcement soon". Did they already talk about that ?

BraLoD said:
PieToast said:

Persona 4 was featured in many lists, articles and videos as the best game on Vita, so that contributed greatly to the popularity of the series. But unlike the previous game, Persona 5 will release on PS3 and PS4, which have a far bigger install base that include those who already know how great Persona 4 was but can't get it.

I think popularity is almost synonymous with sales, or can at least mean that you have more potential costumers like in the case of Persona 4.

Persona 3 and 4 are PS2 games, there is not a big,install base than that. PS3 + PS4 is still not up to that

Sure, but back then they were only popular among JRPG nerds. Persona 4 Golden, on the other hand, received a lot more exposure than the PS2 versions of Persona 3 and 4 even though it was only released on Vita.

Edit: and what Kapi said.

.- -... -.-. -..

SnowPrince said:
Scisca said:

Yes, I'd also be first in line waiting for this to be released ! I actually even dreamed about Atlus announcing it as their "New title announcement soon". Did they already talk about that ?

Right!? Right!? I'm so happy I'm not the only one thinking this way! I want that game on Vita so bad! Love the darker vibe than in P4G.

I've been twitting Atlus so many times about releasing P3G already though :( I think I'm going to do this again today ;) Even though I've lost hope. Do it as well if you can. Maaaaybe if they see that people want it...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.