By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans, are you more into Nintendo handhelds or consoles?

Where do you like to play your Nintendo the most?

Nintendo handhelds 59 28.10%

Nintendo consoles 123 58.57%

Emulation 10 4.76%

None, I came here as a sp... 2 0.95%

None, I came here as a sp... 9 4.29%

None 7 3.33%

Total:210

I like both in different ways, but I'm always more excited for the console games.

Around the Network

I'm more of handhelds, one of my first two consoles is a GameBoy Advance (the other one is a Playstation 2). And I own a Nintendo 3DS too :)

But I'm looking forward to have a Nintendo home console... I had been thinking in purchasing a Wii U, but I'll wait for Nintendo NX.

Console. But it's really the games. If the NX is a hybrid and can play everything. Then I will dump the handheld in half a second. I never really cared about using games outside. And only got them because the games I wanted was on their.

Consoles.

Handhelds offer Pokemon, and currently Monster Hunter as well. But I prefer gaming on consoles, I feel that they can enhance experiences way beyond of what a handheld could do (Wii U effectively destroyed the "headphones are the way to go, besides I can plug them to my tv as well). And that's about the only advantage that handhelds posses over consoles in my opinion, since I would rather play on TV and comfortable at home instead of on the wait for something or on the bus.

But at the end of the day... Handhelds have their own exclusive titles that I would like to get my hands on, so it isn't about not playing handhelds at all.

Home consoles by far.

Around the Network

Console. I always was a home console guy.

Its really a mix for me. About half a gen I will spend on consoles and vice versa. It really depends at what game comes out for handhelds that eats my life, and I usually play those the beginning of a gen and beyond the end of a gen. Consoles the milky middle.

Currently: Console

As of now? Handhelds. 3DS has become one of my all-time favorite gaming consoles, and I tend to play it a bit more regularly than my Wii U.

Previously, definitely consoles.

Consoles, my bad eyes makes playing a handheld over a long period of time annoying

Most here will say consoles but handhelds is where its at! I've never really been into Nintendo consoles besides the older ones. Their last 2 consoles to me, were among the most unappealing consoles I've ever used. On the other hand I love every Nintendo handheld. My only complaint is it took the New 3DS (standard) wayyyy too long to reach NA