By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 4 2016 lineup looking solid

I'm buying TLG, Horizon, Uncharted 4, GT7 and Persona 5 among PS4 exclusives next year. Between these games, multiplatform games and a few Xbox One exclusives, I won't have time for any other game next year.

Around the Network
Burek said:
Ali_16x said:
Burek said:

All I see is: Uncharted, Horizon, a few budget titles and a ton of Japanese niche anime shovelware.

Very underwhelming, hopefully third party can bail Sony out again next year. Looking forward to Mirror's Edge, The Division, No Man's Sky, For Honor, Ghost Recon, South Park...

Can you tell me why don't you like Japanese games?

I'd like to avoid generalizations, and I'd rather not list all my dislikes (many many dislikes) to avoid this topic devolving onto something else. But the sales figures of most of them clearly show that they are not interesting or important to the western audience and serve only for building needless lists of games nobody will ever play.

The Last Guardian, Persona 5, Street Fighter V and GT7 are neither budget titles nor anime games. Gravity Rush 2 also doesn't look like a budget title.

Chief said:
Burek said:
Ali_16x said:
Burek said:

All I see is: Uncharted, Horizon, a few budget titles and a ton of Japanese niche anime shovelware.

Very underwhelming, hopefully third party can bail Sony out again next year. Looking forward to Mirror's Edge, The Division, No Man's Sky, For Honor, Ghost Recon, South Park...

I'd like to avoid generalizations, and I'd rather not list all my dislikes (many many dislikes) to avoid this topic devolving onto something else. But the sales figures of most of them clearly show that they are not interesting or important to the western audience and serve only for building needless lists of games nobody will ever play.

The Last Guardian, Persona 5, Street Fighter V and GT7 are neither budget titles nor anime games. Gravity Rush 2 also doesn't look like a budget title.

How the flying french potato is Persona 5 / Street Fighter 5 not an anime game. GT7 and Last Guardian I see why.

Burek said:

All I see is: Uncharted, Horizon, a few budget titles and a ton of Japanese niche anime games good only for list wars.

Ratchet & Clank a budget title and Street Fighter V a Japanese niche anime game confirmed.

Snoopy said:
Chief said:

How the flying french potato is Persona 5 / Street Fighter 5 not an anime game. GT7 and Last Guardian I see why.

Wow....Street Fighter 5 is an anime game? Wow I understand now, so any game with cel shading like graphics is a anime game? LOL....

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Chief said:

Persona 5 is not based an an anime, and SF is a very old series that has absolutely nothing to do with anime.

And yeah, forgot about R&C and No Man's Sky, they are not anime games either.

Chief said:
Burek said:
Ali_16x said:
Burek said:

From my experience, I'd say most ppl saying things like that are either hardcore Xbox fans or very young teens or pre teens that didn't get to experience the golden age of gaming when the majority of games were made in Japan and mostly American made games consisted of sports games, fps, rts, and mmorpg. 

PLAYSTATION lineups from PSX-PS4 have been amazing every year imo ;)
Almost 800 games out or in development is unheard of for a console not even out 2 years yet o_O
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

Teeqoz said:
Burek said:

All I see is: Uncharted, Horizon, a few budget titles and a ton of Japanese niche anime games good only for list wars.

Ratchet & Clank a budget title and Street Fighter V a Japanese niche anime game confirmed.

Well, Sony seems to think that R&C is budget, since they are not asking a full price for it. I skipped SFV because I don't think a slightly enhanced and reskinned game deserves mention. I mean, it is exactly the same game with the same fighters as last gen, just enhanced to use power advantages of PS4. You might as well put MLB 16 on the list

15 out of those 20 games he listed Im like "hell yes" I should get that.

With the Wii U, it was only 1 game, and like 2 maybe's.
Also he probably hasnt even listed half the games set to release 2016 for the ps4.

Yes PS4 2016 lineup does look pretty damn solid.