Tagged games:

Do you expect a PS4 Price Drop in the US this Fall

Yes 116 60.73%

No 42 21.99%

See Results 32 16.75%

Total:190
A_C_E said:
thismeintiel said:
It amazes me the mental gymnastics some Xbox fans go through to claim Xbox never gets a price cut. They did it last gen with the "just replacing SKUs" argument, and they're doing it this gen with the "unbundling of Kinect" excuse. The XBO has had a $150 price cut since launch, just get over it. Just like if the more desired SKU gets a price cut, while the most bare bones SKU remains $199, that's still a price cut.

I'm a PS fan and I claim that Xbox One never got a $150 price cut. If I did say Xbox One got a $150 price cut I would be using improper terminology. Its not an excuse or mental gymnastics lol, its called using proper terminology. If you want to take the time to understand this (apparently difficult) concept then go ahead but ignorance shouldn't have a voice...or a keyboard. Its kind of funny to tell people something over and over again and have them still not get it.

Unless you guys are being sarcastic and I just look like a fool haha...but this is the internet and some people DO have a hard time understanding certain things so if you guys are being serious then...that's pretty unfortunate, good luck in life.

You don't understand.  They don't care about terminology.  They are saying thazt the Kinectless Xbox One is an entirely different class of product altogether and that it has always been avalible for 399... because the 499 version isn't the same product.  So basically they are saying that the Xbox One launched in June of 2014.  They totally deny that it was ever reduced in price because Kinect and Xbox One is a different product.  It doesn't matter that the standalone Xbox One didn't exist at launch and you HAD TO PAY 500.   They don't acknowledged that it is now cheaper to get a Xbox One.   They don't like the word price cut because it shows that price and demand were not balanced.    

If they don't like the world price cut then why not just say a price reduction.  Nope.   The Xbox One launched at $399 and was always $399 even if you had to pay $500 to get one.  Thats the logic we run into here. 

Around the Network

The only solution: M$ should have released an Xbox One without Kinect (Since people didn't want it) and still charged $499 for it. That way, they wouldn't seem desperate. :p

ils411 said:

does that new $399.00 sku offer the same value? does it have kinect? no? then no. not a price cut.

if it also had kinect then yes, price cut. but it didn't, then no. not a price cut.

prove that the $399.00 model/sku or now $349.00 model/sku provides the exact same experience that the $499.00/$449.00 model/sku offers right out of the box... you can't because the cheaper one has no kinect, while the more expensive one has kinect thus providing different values and a slightly different experience..because no kinect means no "xbox on" lololll!

This is why I don't even try most of the time. You can throw as much logic and facts into it, and they deny it like you're the crazy one. At this point, if they don't get it by now it's best to just ignore. 

d21lewis said:
Aeolus451 said:

BC was the only thing removed from the PS3. It still has usb ports and memory card slots. 

Not true.  Less USB ports and the card readers were eventually removed entirely.  I'll post a link to wikipedia that shows the difference skus and exactly what was cut from each version to lower the price: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_PlayStation_3_SKUs

I had an 80gb PS3 that broke.  I replaced it with a 500gb super slim.  The amount of features cut makes the latter feel like a cheap knockoff.  It only cost $200 with two games back in 2013 so I guess I can't complain too much....

Yeah, I have a 80 GB 4 USB PS3 and a PS3 with the sliding door for the disc reader on top (I don't know the name for that model) and I put a SSD in it. i never owned any of the other models. 

jason1637 said:
He said hes not worried could that mean another price cut again this year?

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else regardless if they had a plan or not.

Around the Network
ils411 said:

At least there's someone else around here who gets it.

I also don't know why this bugs me too. Must be due to me having over half a decade experience in retail and the another over half a decade in procurement, where i'm currently in. Its not a fun job mind you...

the correct slogan would be "you can now game on the xbox one for $150.00 cheaper than on launch" i think.

notice I  said game and didnt use the phrase "xbox one experience" since at launch, MS was aiming for this with the sku with kinect. now that its unbudnled, its not the "same" thing. you can game on a base model, but you dont get the "xbox on" voice command thingy lol wich is part of "the experience"... so they said back at launch. 

funny that it was a selling point back then and now...its all but forgotten trolololll! serves them right for their stupid DRM crap that they  tried to pull.

Yeah, its not that hard to understand the proper terminology. These guys though, they have now been told (MANY times) the proper terminology but still use the wrong terminology and then call us Xbox fans...I don't know about you but I right now only own a PS4 and PS3 so I must be one confused Xbox fan. Its weird the logical fallacies people use, "your defending this so you must be a blind fan" blah blahblah. Ignorance should never have a voice, speak up when you know what you are talking about, simple concept, but apparently not simple.

Its odd how fast devices can go from popular/must have to forgotten in a matter of a couple years.

thismeintiel said:
A_C_E said:

I'm a PS fan and I claim that Xbox One never got a $150 price cut. If I did say Xbox One got a $150 price cut I would be using improper terminology. Its not an excuse or mental gymnastics lol, its called using proper terminology. If you want to take the time to understand this (apparently difficult) concept then go ahead but ignorance shouldn't have a voice...or a keyboard. Its kind of funny to tell people something over and over again and have them still not get it.

Unless you guys are being sarcastic and I just look like a fool haha...but this is the internet and some people DO have a hard time understanding certain things so if you guys are being serious then...that's pretty unfortunate, good luck in life.

Nope. Those are mental gymnastics.  If you could only buy a product for $499, then it's changed to $399, that's a price cut.  You can play games and talk about unbundling, or replacing SKUs, but the fact remains, the stinking price was cut.  Unless we want to claim the new PS4 cut isn't a cut since Sony is "unbundling" it from unnecessary internal HW and more expensive components, which allowed them to CUT the price.  Sorry, I don't like to play those type of games.

What kind of games would we be trying to play when we have already stated that Xbox One is $150 cheaper to buy than when it first launched? We all have known this from the beginning of this discussion. The games are coming from your side of the arguement by failing ever-so hard to realize the difference between price cut and price introduction. There is a difference, if you don't like it then you are just going to have to accept that certain things are fact. Its like talking to a bunch of stubborn children.

CosmicSex said:
A_C_E said:

You don't understand.  They don't care about terminology.  They are saying thazt the Kinectless Xbox One is an entirely different class of product altogether and that it has always been avalible for 399... because the 499 version isn't the same product.  So basically they are saying that the Xbox One launched in June of 2014.  They totally deny that it was ever reduced in price because Kinect and Xbox One is a different product.  It doesn't matter that the standalone Xbox One didn't exist at launch and you HAD TO PAY 500.   They don't acknowledged that it is now cheaper to get a Xbox One.   They don't like the word price cut because it shows that price and demand were not balanced.    

If they don't like the world price cut then why not just say a price reduction.  Nope.   The Xbox One launched at $399 and was always $399 even if you had to pay $500 to get one.  Thats the logic we run into here. 

I don't dislike any word (wtf, lol), just the application of words, some of which people in this thread have a hard time understanding.

d21lewis said:
The only solution: M$ should have released an Xbox One without Kinect (Since people didn't want it) and still charged $499 for it. That way, they wouldn't seem desperate. :p

Oh no, everyone knows they are desperate. MS would obviously love to sell as many consoles as Sony is with the PS4, nobody is arguing that. Lets skip past all of this BS and realize that we are only talking about the proper terminology here. Why is this so hard to understand, lol. No ones defending MS.

A_C_E said:
ils411 said:

At least there's someone else around here who gets it.

I also don't know why this bugs me too. Must be due to me having over half a decade experience in retail and the another over half a decade in procurement, where i'm currently in. Its not a fun job mind you...

the correct slogan would be "you can now game on the xbox one for $150.00 cheaper than on launch" i think.

notice I  said game and didnt use the phrase "xbox one experience" since at launch, MS was aiming for this with the sku with kinect. now that its unbudnled, its not the "same" thing. you can game on a base model, but you dont get the "xbox on" voice command thingy lol wich is part of "the experience"... so they said back at launch. 

funny that it was a selling point back then and now...its all but forgotten trolololll! serves them right for their stupid DRM crap that they  tried to pull.

Yeah, its not that hard to understand the proper terminology. These guys though, they have now been told (MANY times) the proper terminology but still use the wrong terminology and then call us Xbox fans...I don't know about you but I right now only own a PS4 and PS3 so I must be one confused Xbox fan. Its weird the logical fallacies people use, "your defending this so you must be a blind fan" blah blahblah. Ignorance should never have a voice, speak up when you know what you are talking about, simple concept, but apparently not simple.

Its odd how fast devices can go from popular/must have to forgotten in a matter of a couple years.

Only have a Vita and a 3Ds now. Both were collecting dust for near 10months before I decided to try and play one of the games on sale i got back last xmas 2 months ago...tried hypderdimention neptuna rebirth 1, must say, it got me hooked on gaming again...

The 3ds on the otherhand...well..yeah...no 3ds games...was gonna get an ecard as i dislike carying multiple carts around..then hyperdimension u action unleash and v generation 3 went on sale on psn...got a psn card instead...sorry nintendo... maybe next time...well..actually, maybe next year as i've already spent all my gaming budget for the year. 

with that said, i do hope MS initiates a massive price cut and sony follows suit with a massive price cut of their own and both gets to the sweet $250 range... maybe in two years hahahaha