By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami Is Done With AAA Console Games; Tech Director Quits

Soundwave said:
KLXVER said:
What happened to their survey of which games we want to see from them?

Metal Gear Solid 6 ... coming ... to a smartphone near you!

Yeah, like 99% probably voted for MGS...

Around the Network

For a game with an $80 million dollar budget, they're probably not that happy with MGSV's sales. I'm sure it probably had a solid opening in most markets, but it's also likely dropping like a rock after that. I'm not sure it will get much past 700k in Japan. 

KLXVER said:
What happened to their survey of which games we want to see from them?

Either they were simulating damage control or they will unveil a new Contra Pachinko soon.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

If only the Japanese still bought consoles. That's the real reason why this is happening. We need someone to figure out how to sell consoles there if we want to stem the tide of things like this.

Hoped to see a new well made castlevania, like the good old castlevania 4 on super nintendo, that was the best part for me, but now...

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
If only the Japanese still bought consoles. That's the real reason why this is happening. We need someone to figure out how to sell consoles there if we want to stem the tide of things like this.

if the unified NX console would be a hit in japan, japanese can get the games in handheld form and us west can get it in home console form. win-win.  

Nintendo making Metal Gear? Fuck that.

gabzjmm23 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

if the unified NX console would be a hit in japan, japanese can get the games in handheld form and us west can get it in home console form. win-win.  

That's a big if but I agree. Seems like a winning idea. Hard to predict though.

Hope Sony can give them some change for Silent Hill IP.
Kojima can probably buy MGS himself.

They can sell the rest to Deep Silver.

Well.....I don't think Suikoden has AAA-status, believe (lol)

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198