By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are Japanese publishers (Sony, Atlus, ect) a bunch of liars?

This thread is certainly well researched and done with good intent and will thus end well. /s

Delays happen, that's not something exclusive to japanese companies. Release dates are sometimes announced way too early (which doesn't make them a lie, they may well be shooting for these dates, but things happen), that's once again not exclusive to japanese games. Companies may have a hard time breaking news off a delay and will possibly try to deliver it with a piece of good news if possible, again not exclusive to Japan.

The one thing you can wonder is why their communication with their western branches is so poor at times, John Hardin (Atlus USA) should for example not have been saying the things he has, but he apparently legitimately thought it was 2015 as well.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:
I...what? Examples? I guess TLG and Persona...but that's jus one each...

Uncharted, drive club, the order from Sony side.

Those are all games being developed by Western studios. In fact, PlayStation as a whole is pretty much a Western brand by now.

I agree with one of the posters above. Japanese games tend NOT TO need DAY ONE patches to fix a buggy ass mess.

Skullwaker said:
cheshirescat said:
Nintendo game gets delayed, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad," and everyone's magnanimous and patting each other on the back. Anyone else delays a game, "They're all liars and frauds!"

Shut up.

Isn't Nintendo included in this, since they're a Japanese publisher?

In fact, I'm pretty sure this thread is a direct result of Nintendo delaying Star Fox Zero despite previously setting a release date for it.

It's also about Persona 5, because OP wanted to play this game on his PS4 so much...

Kuksenkov said:
Snoopy said:

Those are all games being developed by Western studios. In fact, PlayStation as a whole is pretty much a Western brand by now.

I agree with one of the posters above. Japanese games tend NOT TO need DAY ONE patches to fix a buggy ass mess.

In fact, I don't even remember the last time a Japanese game needed day one patches.

Snoopy said:
Normchacho said:
I...what? Examples? I guess TLG and Persona...but that's jus one each...

Aaannnndddd??? Are delays just a Japanese thing? What about The Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, The Division, Quantum Break, Dying Light, Mad Max, I'm sure a number of others.

Though as others have mentioned, I'd much rather have a delayed game then a broken game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

Aaannnndddd??? Are delays just a Japanese thing? What about The Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, The Division, Quantum Break, Dying Light, Mad Max, I'm sure a number of others.

Though as others have mentioned, I'd much rather have a delayed game then a broken game.

Xbone delays don't count for OP because to OP Micro is too damn good and flawless:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7517935

The intention behind this thread is evident.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

This is a bad thread. Actually, thinking about it...I don't want publishers telling devs to release games that aren't ready.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

cheshirescat said:
Nintendo game gets delayed, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad," and everyone's magnanimous and patting each other on the back. Anyone else delays a game, "They're all liars and frauds!"

Shut up.

I can tell you right now this isn't true AT ALL. I've seen scenarios where its the literal opposite. In fact, that was it earlier today. 

OP: Everyone  gets delays nowadays, its unfortunate, but that is better than the destructive alternative (most of the time). I agree not being direct is annoying, but this has become a generation that no one was really prepared for (for some reason). Ultimately I prefer to reserve my criticisms about delays, unless the announce DLC passes between the delay announcement and the new release date.

Like Arkham Knight.

Which isn't from a Japanese studio.

Does it really matter?

I'd take a playable, polished game any day over a master chief collection, batman arkham knight, and assassin's creed unity.

At least Japan publishers have the sense to delay a game if it needs it.

Western devs be like, "let's release it anyway and fix it later".

In fact, just today I read an article from some qa guy who said to prepare for more buggy, glitchy games this holiday like last year.

Hmmm could it be halo and assassin's creed again for a second year in a row? Or perhaps fallout 4? Or maybe star wars battlefront? I'm predicting it'll be at least one of those. And it won't be fixed for months later.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Normchacho said:
Snoopy said:

Xbone delays don't count for OP because to OP Micro is too damn good and flawless:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7517935

The intention behind this thread is evident.

Yup, once I saw his name I knew the intention.

Also, maybe it's because Sony has so many exclusives that most are bound too get delayed. And Sony actually delays their games when needed.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"