By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne 2 Already in Development?

All focus may be on the The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne, but it looks like rumours are starting for Bloodborne 2 already. Though to be fair it is safe to assume that a sequel to one of the most popular Playstation 4 games is inevitable.

The rumour has been started on Neogaf based on a Facebook conversation that appears to have now been deleted, and you can understand why. Said to be posted by the official Bloodborne Facebook page it appears to confirm that the sequel is in development.

While this won’t be major news to many, the fact that the comment was soon removed just adds fuel to the fire. While I’m sure Bloodborne 2 won’t be seen for a while, especially with the DLC and the fact Dark Souls 3 is coming, I think it is safe to assume that the sequel will come sometime in the future.

As for being in development? Well this should also come as no surprise. Depending on the timescale, this could take years. Therefore “in development” could in fact mean in the design process, actually in the main development phase or somewhere in between. So yes, Bloodborne 2 will probably be coming, just not anytime soon.

What will be more interesting is seeing just what a sequel to Bloodborne will feature. I’m sure fans will be excited by the prospect of a continuation of the adventure, but they’ll also hope that Hidetaka Miyazaki will be working on it, as his focus will be on Dark Souls 3 right now its doubtful he’ll be spending too much time on a Bloodborne sequel just yet.

Are you looking forward to a Bloodborne 2? Let us know your thoughts on it below.

http://segmentnext.com/2015/09/16/bloodborne-2-already-in-development/

Around the Network

That's great news! Bring it!

So I scoured the living hell out of a few Bloodborne pages, and my verdict is that I have absolutely no idea if that page is official or not. I mean, official pages can be verified and marked as such by Facebook, but there are no Bloodborne pages marked that way. As well, I tried looking at the page everyone is saying is official, and I guess I could see why they think that. At the same time, it could just be a random person running a Bloodborne page pulling information from elsewhere. It isn't hard to do that.

Either way, whether or not Bloodborne 2 was going to be made is fairly irrelevant. We all knew it was going to be made. At the same time, I doubt it would be in development right now unless they have the B team on it, which I don't think anybody would really appreciate after the mixed reception of Dark Souls 2 compared to Dark Souls. I would expect active development to start sometime after Dark Souls 3 launches.

I mean, c'mon. Does anybody really think they've been focused on Dark Souls 3, the Bloodborne DLC, and Bloodborne 2 all at the same time? That's enough to stretch a studio of From Software's size pretty freakin' thin.

It´s a fan page so I doubt this has much credibility to it. Could there be a BB2? sure!

EDIT
description of the FB page:
Bloodborne, the latest Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, exclusively for the PlayStation®4 system. - This is a Fan Page! -

Link to the page

Yup...RO friggin rocked  

Hmm if it's only a fan page it's pretty much no better than speculation for the most part. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if they're at least in the general planning stage right now if nothing else!

There's a lot still out there like the DLC and DSIII so it's doubtful they've really started to crack on with it because of that. Guess we'll know soon enough!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Why not Demon Souls 2 first and then Bloodborne 2, could you imagine something like that? 1.5 Souls games exclusive for ps4 the pc (beggars) would go nuts over that.

itsFizz said:

It´s a fan page so I doubt this has much credibility to it. Could there be a BB2? sure!

EDIT
description of the FB page:
Bloodborne, the latest Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, exclusively for the PlayStation®4 system. - This is a Fan Page! -

Link to the page

Welp, it's fake.

Bloodborne was great!!!

It's selling great, From Software RPG fans get addicted to those games. I don't see why it shouldn't get a second game. This time Sony didn't mess up like with Demon's Souls.