By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GameStop Refuses to Sell Console Bundles That Include Digital Copies of Games

Ka-pi96 said:
But... I thought GameStop were evil?

Nice to see them doing the right thing for once. Go GameStop!

They are.

The idea is to get the consumer to then sell the physical copy to them used, which they will turn a profit on.

Around the Network

I'm giving them till black friday before they overturn it.. People will see 2, maybe even 3, games (Digital) vs 1 free game (Physical) at gamestop for the same price bundled with a console. Its a no brainer what the general public would buy..

The lost sales to the competition Will force them to go back on this

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Too many other options out there now. I think the only thing I have bought from Gamestop this year was a rechargeable pack for my Xbox One controller.

Ka-pi96 said:
theprof00 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
But... I thought GameStop were evil?

Nice to see them doing the right thing for once. Go GameStop!

They are.

The idea is to get the consumer to then sell the physical copy to them used, which they will turn a profit on.

But that's also good for the consumer, so not really evil on GameStop's part still.

You have an immigration problem, I say we should kill all the muslims, win win.

Imagine, if you will, that Gamestop could simply be a better company, and then everyone could win.

gross. i'm in the market for a second ps4 but i refuse to buy any bundle that has a physical version of a game. that shit is just trash for the landfill.

Around the Network

Guess GameStop needs some way to help start a used game market.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Good for them, would never buy a bundle with a digital game

This will have very little impact on where people buy their consoles. People will generally buy from their prefered retailer if they can; if not, they'll go with the best value.

This is completely an attempt to increase used game sales and to keep people on the trade-in roller coaster.

It's going to be interesting to see if GameStop is able to keep up if their bundles end up being more expensive. They would probably eat the cost themselves but they still might struggle to reach the initial value to consumers that we see with digital bundles.

Great news, though I wish they had done this before I bought my Wii U.

Digi is growing. Which is a great thing. I'm almost 100% digital now. Gamestop with their crazy ass prices should've been put out to pasture