By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GameStop Refuses to Sell Console Bundles That Include Digital Copies of Games

AlfredoTurkey said:
TheSting said:
Digi is growing. Which is a great thing. I'm almost 100% digital now. Gamestop with their crazy ass prices should've been put out to pasture

Nothing is more "cazy ass" than the prices of console digital games so it's odd you have that complaint. How many times have you seen a digital title selling for full retail while the physical disc is discounted or on Ebay for like 15-20 bucks? 

It's already cheaper day 1 at full retail price. Last 2 games I bought, Tearaway unfolded $40 MGS5 $70 (Canada). On PSN $44 and $75.
I also bought Mariomaker which comes in an awesome package with art book. I do get sore knees from having to change the disc though, so much effort...

Besides that my isp called me again trying to get me to pay $30 a month extra for unlimited internet so I can download all those digital games. I'm thinking I can swap 5 more discs a year with the money saved by staying under the limit. Actually with trade-ins that's 10 extra games a year.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
TheSting said:
Digi is growing. Which is a great thing. I'm almost 100% digital now. Gamestop with their crazy ass prices should've been put out to pasture

Nothing is more "cazy ass" than the prices of console digital games so it's odd you have that complaint. How many times have you seen a digital title selling for full retail while the physical disc is discounted or on Ebay for like 15-20 bucks? 

Talking about Gamestop who I feel has been ripping ppl off with their crazy used games and return prices. I usually buy my digital games Day One when they're regularly full price. There are also digital sales on games as well.

AlfredoTurkey said:

How many times do you need to be proven wrong before you chill with this nonsense about the console industry morphing into steam? NPD already showed that 75% of core gamers PREFER physical. That's right... 75%. This means that your views on the issue are WAY out of touch with reality. 

You and anyone else can prefer digital. It's your money, and I don't care. But you have to understand that it's not the people buying phyiscal that is out of touch... it's you. 

The fact that it's only 75% of gamers on consoles proves my point if anything. 25% of people have already moved onto digital on consoles that are primerily physical consoles. 100% of people bought CDs until MP3 players, mainly the iPod, killed them. Once the first digital only console from one of the big three is released, which will be the NX, physical gaming will die on consoles just like it's died for over 125 million active Steam users who are digital only. And Gamestop will go out of business shortly after because it refused to adapt, just like Blockbuster before it.

Which, if it wasn't already obvious by my wording of "consoles," means that your "75% of core gamers" statistic is flat out wrong. I'm perfectly in touch. Get your facts straight.

AlfredoTurkey said:

As often as I've seen a digital game on sale for $7-$15 while the physical game was on ebay for $15-$20. Digital prices on consoles are fine, and they'll only get better once they are the focus on all digital platforms, just like with Steam.

I think this is a good thing. Theres a reason why we go to the store.

Around the Network

Ehhh I think they could cut their lives shorter in the process here.

ethomaz said:
spemanig said:
And the end for Gamestop draws nearer, with them kicking and screaming to the end.

This move will in the worst scenario increase GameStop sales.

It is a great move.

Yeah don't kid yourself that they're doing it for the gamers. It's all about the used game sales.

Does this mean they aren't going to be selling the Halo 5 bundle? I doubt it.

I prefer buying physical given 500GB isn't very much space when games are 30GB or more, and I don't want to spend more money just to slap a larger HDD in my console. It's much easier to juggle HDD space when you have the game on disc, because re-installing>>>re-downloading. But Gamestop gets no credit as being the consumer's hero from me. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Great move

Gamestop are a bunch of dinosaurs. You guys are only delaying your inevitable death. Maybe I am little upset, but mainly because I want used games to die. They are hurting the industry so badly it isn't even funny.

theprof00 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
But... I thought GameStop were evil?

Nice to see them doing the right thing for once. Go GameStop!

They are.

The idea is to get the consumer to then sell the physical copy to them used, which they will turn a profit on.

Yes, cause profit is SO evil.  /s