By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What wrong with wii sales?

Weird Numbers.

And to shareholders, not maximizing profits is a failure. So, all companies fail, and fail hard, but that happens with no human having omniscience and many being risk adverse. Also, if you're very money oriented, you could simply argue that the Nintendo managers get no further bonus past this current point, so why put the effort into increasing supply without any personal benefit?

Yes, that is an enormous school of thought in the business world by the way. God I love it.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

"Use a boost to chase"

Nintendo is "failing" all the way to the bank.

Seriously, after reading some of the "failure" posts in this thread, I'm beginning to think people should be required to have a permit to even touch a keyboard.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Why is everyone getting so defensive? Wasn't everyone trying to justify the fact that N.A. sales were not as impressive as people thought they should be by claiming stockpiling? If so, shouldn't sales be higher? Where are all these extra consoles? Perhaps European demand has been met. If you don't agree where are these consoles?

@NYANKS: Try reading the various posts in this thread that talk about exactly what you're asking. There you will find your answers.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

If demand has been met then why do wii's still sell for far more than their list price on Ebay and Amazon? Where are the extra consoles? Not on US shelves. You can speculate the reason, but Nintendo just isn't putting them on US shelves right now. And yes I know that at YOUR (whoever, no one in particular) walmart there is a wall of 50 wii's that have been there for a month. I haven't seen one in my city since I bought one, so my anecdotal evidence cancels out yours, so nyah.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

.:Dark Prince:. said:
Let's be realistic, the sales are pathetic. And i'm sure it's not because of stock, i mean look at the previous weeks... There was supposed to be SOME stockpiling. Either numbers are wrong or something's wrong with the Wii.

"Lets be realistic, the sales of the PS3 are pathetic. I'm sure they haven't even sold half of what the Wii has sold in an equal time on the market. I mean, look at the software sales. There was supposed to be SOME movement for games like DMC4, and Uncharted. Either the numbers are wrong, or something is wrong with the PS3." 

You trolls, all of you, Sony fanboys, try harder. Your system just got owned with the NPD and in fact, this weeks sales in America, and worldwide, I'm certain. Why even try to flame the Wii for only doubling your sales figures, when you know good and goddamn well, no matter what you might be tricking youselves into believing, that the PS3 will be lucky to match these Wii supply constrained numbers when MGS4 or the non-demo of Gran Turismo is launched, and the legs on their software will be much shorter than Brawl, so get over it, honestly.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@ The_vagabond7

Honestly, I do not know what you are going on about. Europeans are claiming the Wii demand is met in Europe. The fact that you can't get one in the US means absolutely nothing in terms of what they are saying.

I also see the stockpiling claim was false, unless it is going to switch over to stockpiling for Kart and GTA IV all of a sudden.

I know the console is still doing great, but seriously, enough with the excuses. Point is that the Wii's best game "possibly" has just been released and sales are about 80k+ less than expected in the US. I would say Brawl week in terms of hardware (seeing as we did have the BS stockpiling for Brawl excuses going all week) is indeed a failure.

@ Poster above me

Why do you hate the PS3 so much? I'm no fanboy, but drop PS3 price to $249.99 and I could easily see the Wii dropping like flies. Or vice versa, with the Wii costing $400-500. Then take into account they are completely different consoles aimed at conpletely different gamers.

No matter how much people hate the 360 and/or PS3 and favor the Wii, simple truth is that all the most wanted games will be on those 2 systems, not the Wii.

Also I am just curious as to why you keep insisting everyone is a fanboy of something if they do not agree with you and your Wii claims. Which fanboys are they? I see you accused 2 in a row so far.

People should just pick up all 3, then they won't need to complain so much. :)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

NYANKS said:
Why is everyone getting so defensive? Wasn't everyone trying to justify the fact that N.A. sales were not as impressive as people thought they should be by claiming stockpiling? If so, shouldn't sales be higher? Where are all these extra consoles? Perhaps European demand has been met. If you don't agree where are these consoles?

Don't be foolish. You know as well as I do that these console numbers can't be defined in absolutes, and quite frankly, your trolling, because it's obvious you know this. Week by week numbers can't "prove" anything, and your feeble attempts at using them as evidence prove either your ignorance of this fact, which both you and I know you have quite an intimate knowledge of, or your trollish type flamebait, attempting to pull Wii fans into your argument, so you can boast in your newly found toy, consistsing of this weeks Wii sales.

Don't lower yourself. Your reaching, and it's not gonna end well for anyone, even if you do manage to wring some grimey satisfaction out of our cold fanboy hearts.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Euphoria14 said:
@ The_vagabond7

Honestly, I do not know what you are going on about. Europeans are claiming the Wii demand is met in Europe. The fact that you can't get one in the US means absolutely nothing in terms of what they are saying.

I also see the stockpiling claim was false, unless it is going to switch over to stockpiling for Kart and GTA IV all of a sudden.

I know the console is still doing great, but seriously, enough with the excuses. Point is that the Wii's best game "possibly" has just been released and sales are about 80k+ less than expected in the US. I would say Brawl week in terms of hardware (seeing as we did have the BS stockpiling for Brawl excuses going all week) is indeed a failure.

Well, sir, in what sense do you use the word "failure."

If you mean its a failure in that there are still Wii's setting on the shelves, then you are wrong, obviously.

If you mean Nintendo under-deliverd supply of the Wii console, then you are most likely correct, assuming you are a cool-aid drinker and expected 300,000 units of hardware shipped this week.

If you are an unbiased observer, who doesn't live in a fantasty world, outselling your competitors 2 to 1, and selling 1.4 million units of software from a single game in 1 week, is actually quite phenominal either way you look at it, wouldn't you agree.

Define the failure as you mean it and perhaps we will understand better. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.