By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What wrong with wii sales?

naznatips said:
BCNR34 said:
DKII how come you rarely post and then when the wii falters on a week its supposed to do well you show up and start posting damage control all over the place?

Most of the time DKII is moding, but someone with 30 posts on the site who's already been banned once hardly has the right to criticize a respected intelligent member's posting habits. I don't see why the man should be criticized for giving a valid opinion on sales issues.

As he said, Nintendo officially stated they produce 1.8 million Wiis per month. They also have stocked units for a later date in the past after meeting financial goals. I'm not sure why it's so odd that they would do so now.

the main reason everyone is shocked, including myself, is because everyone thought that nintendo was stock-piling  for brawl. everyone expected at least a slight rise in sales for the wii in N.A this week. but there was no rise in sales so everyone is wondering "why?"

why have wii sales been so low in the past several weeks?

why are the sales this week not super high?

and finally why is bologna round and bread square?

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
^Don't be an ass. It's a failure, no matter what you say. I'm not mocking Nintendo here.

First of all, don't call people asses, this is your warning.

Second, why is doubling the sales of your competitors a failure?  Does anyone really think that Wiis are sitting on shelves when Brawl just sold 1.5 million units in a week?   

How is it a failure? If producing more units immediately would've cost so much that it would've resulted in few profits or even losses, you say they should've done it?

And Wii sales have not been low the past several weeks. Two weeks ago it was almost 200k in NA alone. It fluctuates wildly with shipments.

Maybe Nintendo figured that most of the people buying Brawl on day 1 would be the Nintendo fans who already own the system from getting Zelda or Mario, so didn't feel the need to send a HUGE amount of systems this week (it's still almost double last week). I don't recall even a single person here saying they were gonna buy a Wii this week for Brawl but couldn't find one, or any extra special news item saying that there were three times as many people in line for Wii's that morning because they all decided that Brawl was the thing that made them want the system.

Around the Network

Correct me if I'm wrong, but whether it was in a financial report or at GDCC, wouldn't it be illegal for a Nintendo rep to publicly lie about their production numbers, as that could have an impact on investors?

misterd said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but whether it was in a financial report or at GDCC, wouldn't it be illegal for a Nintendo rep to publicly lie about their production numbers, as that could have an impact on investors?

Production numbers are public knowledge to investors.  Financial reports must show units produced. 

I think this proves that Nintendo weren't diverting Wii's from Europe to NA like Nintendo fanboys were claiming last week. The Wii really is meeting demand in Europe.

probably most people who wanted brawl had already bought a wii