By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (Poll Closed): The Best PlayStation Game of All Time! And the winners are…

Final Fantasy IX and Symphony of the Night.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

EDIT: Hold on here.

Final Fantasy IX and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment

Tekken 3

MGS and RE2.

I voted Crash bandicoot: warped and crash team racing

Around the Network

Final Fantasy Tactics and Blood Omen

Very cool!

I picked Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid.

Voted for Tomba! Such an awesome, AWEsome game. Nothing comes close for me, really.

BraLoD said:
mjk45 said:
Kyuu said:
BraLoD said:

Apparently there are some good bunch here that loves it, just look at replies until now.

You guys are making BraLoD quite happy!

I can't wrap my head around why Sony didn't turn it into a franchise. For a new IP JRPG coming at a generation's end, it sold extremely well. It could have even been the Final Fantasy of Sony.

I have always been of the opinion that LOD not getting a sequel had probably more to do with square not being happy that Sony where making and publishing a  jrpg very much in the same vein as FF than anything else, and  you just have to look at the lengths Sony went to to not only secure FF but keep it on PS to see who would get their way . 

And since the PS3 FF is not exclusive anymore, Sony didn't got enough negotiations skills then

Times change ,but you have to look at it from the perspective of the time those decisions where made.

At that time there was a close relationship between the two, Sony went so far as to back Square financialy by buying 25% of squares stock after the ff spirits within movie drained their resources it gave square much needed capital and led to the square-enix merger going ahead.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Voted resident evil 2.