I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
zero129 said:
hunter_alien said:
zero129 said:
hunter_alien said:
zero129 said:
GTstation said:

Well yahh pc market spends more on hardware, you payed 2k for hardware to play a inferior version of a game i play on a $300 console. Makes no sense to me but to each their own.

Where do the game sale most ? says enough to me.

Exactly how to you figure that out?,a 500$ PC got today would easy outperfom the PS4 when it comes to 3rd party games and does (Unless you think cos batman = all games?? if so thats just silly). Also i have never ever spend 2k on my pc but i love how thats always the defence stance with console only gamers. It costs like 2k to outperfom my 300 console, You cant plug your pc into your tv (Even when thats what im using mine on now) you cant use joypads etc etc. So many mis facts and lies gets spread by console only gamers against pc its not even funny just sad...

Bullshit.... I just assambled a fairly good, mid-end PC worth 800 euros, and guess what, it has issues running Witcher 3 on highest settings in 1080p. Of course, the guy could have opted for a cheaper mask, smaller HDD and no SSD, but then what the fuck are we talking about? Truth is, if you want a gaimg rig (and only the rig itself) that lasts you 3 years for gaming and get some work squeezed out on it, get ready to spend some 1000 euros.

I am not saying it is a bad investment, but it is a fact that hardware wise a gaming PC is far more expensive then a console. And a 500$ PC is a low-end garbage bin, that you should be ready to invest in in a year or so. I love PC gaming, and I probably played more on PC then consoles in the last 3-4 years, but lets be honest here. Games are cheaper, true, but so are used or older games on consoles...

I call bullshit on your post. When did you build this 500 pc, 2 years ago??.
Also do you believe that the X1 and PS4 versions of Witcher 3 are the same as the maxed out PC version??.

If you want to compare versions put shadows on medium draw distance to medium turn of AF16x or put it at 2x, lower down your AA or turn it off, turn off HBAO+ and Hairworks since consoles dont have them and try running that version on your 2 year old 500 PC since that version will be closer to the one your playing on your PS4,X1.. Or maybe you did build that 500 pc this year and if so and it cant play the witcher looking better then the PS4 version you got ripped off my friend..

I actually build or help people build themseleves fairly often. SO no, no BS. And I was talking about an 800 euro PC if you managed to actually read my post. The thing is, the only reason you should even consider the PC gaming market is if you have an expensive PC. If no, just playing around with settings and noticing compatiblity issues day 1, does not worth the fuss. Deal with it. This is not me speaking, this is the industry in general. And no overinflated freemium market will change this anytime soon . Demo videos are fine, about AAA multiplatform titles that look better on PC, but sure as hell they should actually advertise that quality with a pricetag.

And yes, a 500$ PC today is a garbage bin. Thank god I do not have to work on one But if you are fine with playing DotA 2, then I guess its more then enough for your needs

Well no offense but if you do, i would not like to buy one of your build PC's!. Since they seem like they would be an over priced piece of garbage thats more over priced then what even Dell or Alienare make...

As for the rest of your post i dont even know if its worth replaying to since its just the same typical stuff that console gamers always say without checking facts..

That or contrary to what you say you are OK with subpar quality... doesnt really matter.

Im actually part of a pretty large PC gaming community and I nevre build rigs for money. We are just friends helping eachother out. Its funny that actually having an objective idea (ie. someone who actually plays on everything he can get his hand on) is automatically put in a "fanboy" corner, depending on what we are discussing.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

ITT: Horrible comparisons on both sides trying to invalidate the other. I mean, I saw people comparing the most hyped PC release of all time to a new IP for God's sake, not to mention the issue of comparing marketshares. I will say this before I bow out of this mess: You're all wrong, mobile is king!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:
ITT: Horrible comparisons on both sides trying to invalidate the other. I mean, I saw people comparing the most hyped PC release of all time to a new IP for God's sake, not to mention the issue of comparing marketshares. I will say this before I bow out of this mess: You're all wrong, mobile is king!

Yep, PC revenue and console are about to match at around 24 billion, meanwhile mobile already passed that mark.

Mobile is king

zero129 said:
hunter_alien said:

That or contrary to what you say you are OK with subpar quality... doesnt really matter.

Im actually part of a pretty large PC gaming community and I nevre build rigs for money. We are just friends helping eachother out. Its funny that actually having an objective idea (ie. someone who actually plays on everything he can get his hand on) is automatically put in a "fanboy" corner, depending on what we are discussing.

Ok show me the specs you mostly put in your builds thats costing 800 but cant play games looking as good as PS4 please..

"I just assambled a fairly good, mid-end PC worth 800 euros, and guess what, it has issues running Witcher 3 on highest settings in 1080p."

This is what I wrote. Witcher 3 still looks better on high settings on PC then the PS4 version, but it is still far from the maximum the game can give to you.

I know in the US some people will use Amazon and Tom's hardware to build a PC (we use different sites/shops in Romania, but the price are mostly similar), so here is an avrege setup:

Processor

GPU

RAM

MB

HDD

You also need a couple of other stuff, of course, like a cooler, case, maybe even a DVD drive and dare I say an SSD? Even so, the above components are somewhat over 800$ . And yes, you can opt for an AMD/ATI combo, and save some money, and you can balance it out more and get some extra performance but even so, this rig will not play you W3 on everything set on max on a playable framerate, and it will be obsolete in 2 years time. So yeah... I still stand by what I wrote earlier on and call out anyone who says that PC Gaming is worth the fuss if you have a sub 1000$ rig.

And yes, the reason why consoles are popular for gaming is because they do not cost as much hardware wise as a PC to actually enjoy them on their fullest, and many developers seem to like developing for consoles a whole lot.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
DivinePaladin said:

Yep, PC revenue and console are about to match at around 24 billion, meanwhile mobile already passed that mark.

Mobile is king

The issue with the mopbile market is that even tough it is huge, no company can really sustain growth in it. Zynga is pretty much dead, Rovio is struggling and Gameloft just shut 7 of its studios this year. And believe me, if anyone is underfunding game development, it is Gameloft, and I know that as an ex-employee.

zero129 said:
Azuren said:

Yeah, because $500 PCs weren't doing that a year ago.

Once again how exactly is it lies?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-the-next-gen-digital-foundry-pc

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/can-we-build-a-gaming-pc-on-a-console-budget/1100-6418829/

And thats just two the is many more like that and they are from over a year ago..

Fact is MS and Sony only Launched mid level PC console spec systems this gen unlike last gen where you would be lucky to get a 1000 euro system that could match the 360 or Ps3.

I don't know what scale they're using for the first one, but that machine comes out to almost $600 before rebates. And that's a year later looking for bargain parts.

As for the second ones, both are solid machines that still cost that much to build over a year later, meaning there still isn't a PC-equivalent to the PS4 for within  25% of the PS4's pricing.

So again, no. There wasn't a $500 PC last year that could match it.

To address the original point of the thread, though, it's just about impossible to judge consoles in their current state. 7th Generation saw a massive influx in "fleeting users" thanks to the Wii's mass-market appeal. Many of those soccer moms and grandparents did not invest in 8th generation, so we don't know where we stand with real market increase and deflation from fleeting sales. For an accurate estimate, we would have to wait for 8th to 9th Gen. As for the PC market's increase in gross revenue over console, much if it isn't due to PC themselves but to the Freemium business model. Games like Farmville and even the PC's messiah, League, have simply adopted business models that make more money than traditional business models. PC's mass embrace of this business model, along with the psychological warfare that is Steam Sales, is responsible for the increase. As console gaming begins to embrace these business models, there will likely be another shift in where money is spent.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

zero129 said:

Look what i originaly wrote was "a 500€ PC today can easy match and in some cases outperfom the PS4", (this is fact since the PS4 is not some powerful super computer. Even on its release it was a very mid range system and now its low end. This is not something you should try to deny).

And you said i was talking bullshit, and you go on to try proving i was talking bullshit by saying your 800€ pc cant run the witcher 3 on max. Yet here you just admited it runs it better then the PS4 (and it should with them specs as ive seen it run looking better then the PS4 on even lower specs). so in no way shape or form does your 800PC not running the witcher 3 "Maxed Out" mean that a 500 PC wouldnt run it just as good if not better then the PS4 so by you saying "And yes, a 500$ PC today is a garbage bin. Thank god I do not have to work on one But if you are fine with playing DotA 2, then I guess its more then enough for your needs " must mean you also think the PS4 should be put in a garbage bin since 500 euro pc's can match it and in some cases out match it that is fact since all you have to do is type into google 500 PC that can match PS4 and you will find 1000's of sites showing you PC builds out matching the ps4 or looking just as good as it.

Clearly you have some agenda to try make the PS4 out to look super powerful that it takes an 800 or more pc to even match it when thats simply not the case. But i guess then the question becomes why would you be trying to do such a thing what is your agenda?. Are you worred somehow that if more people know they can get into pc gaming and play all the same 3rd party games as their ps4 and in some cases looking better worrying to you somehow?

Man. First oif all I do not own a PS4. I do own a gaming rig, and a fairly competent gaming laptop. I do like Sonys stance on the console industry, as my post history proves, and I am on this site for more then 8 years now. I have nothing to hide in this regards. And when it comes down to exclusives, a console IMO is simply a more comfortable choice. If you want to go on the PC route, you should opt for power IMO thats what I am trying to say.And on the plus size, you also have a device from which you can make a living to.

Also, when it comes down to raw power, it doesnt really matter what a PC can do. Show me a single 2005 PC (that is technically more powerfull then a PS3) that could run a game like UC3. That is the extra you are getting with a console: one configuration that is optimized for years to come.

Maybe I cam a bit harsh, vocal, even rude with my opinion (I have that tendency) but it is not an agenda. The closest thing I get to coinsole gaming these days is playing on a 17" screen PC games and even smaller screen when it comes to my 3DS (and rarely my Vita). In a prefect world if I would have all the time on my hand I would buy a 2000$+ PC, a PS4, Xone and WiiU. Funny thing is that it would be a waste of time, only playing on each of those 2 hours/month, with my work schedule.

hunter_alien said:

Also, when it comes down to raw power, it doesnt really matter what a PC can do. Show me a single 2005 PC (that is technically more powerfull then a PS3) that could run a game like UC3. That is the extra you are getting with a console: one configuration that is optimized for years to come.

Show me a single 2005 home console that could run a game like UC3. PS3 wasn't available until late 2006, here in Europe even after March 2007. ;)

And the PC situation at the start of the 7th console gen was much different than at the start of the 8th console gen. The Xbox360 was more powerful from the start than any (non-SLI) gaming PC... Core2Duo and 8800GTX weren't released yet. PS4 + XBO didn't top any non-SLI gaming PC in 2013. 

Dude, OP, you're making Naruto look bad..

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5