By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What was the game that convinced you to get a PS1?

All of them. I kept seeing it in the stores windows, I realized the 2D ugly era was finally over so eventually I walked in and bought one. It was a bundle with 4 games, I think one was Colin McRae Rally. Simply brilliant. I still remember the vibes starting it with the PS tune playing in my Toshiba tv with Dolby Pro Logic 2!!

Around the Network

I played ps1 the first time when i was with a friend, and i played some good games such as FF7, time crisis,crash bandicoot, Die hard trilogy...

I bought the console later because of this.

Tekken

I forget, either Resident Evil or Final Fantasy 7.

My brother had one.When I played it, it was beyond anything in gaming so I got one the next year.All games in general sold it to me.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 7. Never bought another game for the PS1

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

It was Bubsy 3D, and i was wrong!

I think it was one of the Crash games! Maybe Cortex Strikes Back? I don't really remember.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I was always intrigued by Gran Turismo 1 replays and realism. The reason why I got PS1 was the lack of Sega Saturn games (I was always a sega fan). But after getting PS1 I had a great time playing Gran turismo 1 and 2, MGS 1, Silent Hill, Resident Evil games etc.

I was four years old when the playstation released, so there was no specific game that made me buy it, but my favourite by far was Spyro the Dragon.