By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Frostbite Dev: The PS3 CELL Retarded The Industry Significantly

OdinHades said:
Developers are such pussies these days. Imagine such people making games in the 80s. There were no pre-made tools, no Unreal Engine waiting for you to use the level designer. You had to make all by yourself and the architecture wasn't exactly common. You had bagillions of consoles, all with a whole other idea behind it. You never heard devs whine about the complexitiy back then (granted, we didn't have internet, but still). Today, they have all that fancy stuff to help them and they whine all day how hard it is. Boo-fucking-hoo!

That's mostly because games during those days are not close to being as complex as games these days.

Around the Network
Abun said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Well, he's worked on games on these platforms, a vast majority of us haven't, so... We're kind of out of our league.

But hey look at Titanfall. Respawn didn't know what game they were making or what platform it would end up on so to be safe they wanted to include PS3 and as a result had to go with an old engine because it would make the PS3 side easier. So that tells me this guy is probably on to something.

The problem was that devs needed to actually put effort into building games for the PS3 and he was too lazy or lacked the skill to do it.They could not easily just port the game over to the PS3 so they cried about actually needing to do their job.The bold does not make sense,since other developers (mostly exclusive) had no issue.Sega,Kojima,Namco,Capcom,Square and companies like NIS and Atlus had no complaints.EA does not make quality games anyway and their game engines are average at best.BF Hardline was very rough around the edges as was NFS compared to other games.

Remember Bayonetta? How it had to be outsourced because Platinum Games didn't want to waste time on porting it?

Yes it tottally desevred games like Uncharted 2, 3, The Last of Us, MGS4 who look all better than those Multiplats from Dice. 

MGS4 alone looks better than every Xbox 360 game, it looks pretty much like MGS5 and both games are seperated by 7 yeas

Samus Aran said:
Yeah, I feel Sony should've been punished much harder for the PS3, but it still ended up selling over 80 million.

For what? giving free online? selling you 900$ hardware for 600$?

The PS3 was the last pro-consumer console, every other console back then and now is to make money as the main focus.

d21lewis said:
He meant "retardant". It made the industry resist fire.

Woah. You're right!

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
walsufnir said:

And I showed you that you are incorrect.

The part after it is "I hereby change the discussion so that it fits with what I'm saying. This means GT5 isn't a valid argument because although I didn't define before which games are valid, it's contradicting the point  I was going to make. And of course choose to end this discussion with a non-related hit against 360's first party games. Not that it has to do anything with what I was going to say when I wanted to "win" this discussion".

Oh dear. So in conclusion I'm incorrect because GT5 cost 60 million dollars even though Halo 3 cost 60 million dollars?  Nevermind the 90 million budget the Halo MMO had. Nevermind the fact that All of the Uncharted games combined cost 65 million. 

Lets not forget this gem that cost $100 million 

But all in all, this is proving that budget and a games visuals don't really matter as much as you originally thought. Which was YOUR WHOLE POINT.

Too Human cost 100$ million because it was stuck in development hell. Not because it was on Xbox 360.

Lawlight said:
fatslob-:O said:

Well it's certainly a good sign that there's not more delays due to some hypothetical idiotic decision at Sony trying to make a technical successor to the PS3 ...

Games delayed:

Uncharted 4

The Witcher 3

Batman Arkham Knight

The Order 1886

DriveClub

The Division

Dying Lights

Homefront 2

Quantum Break

Mad Max

Looks like it's worse this gen.

Huh. That's a lot of games...

d21lewis said:
So on one hand, Xbox held games back because they weren't on blu Ray. On the other, PS held games back because it was tough to develop for.

Obviously Nintendo was the one driving the industry forward!

But Nintendo held the industry back with old hardware!

SvennoJ said:
d21lewis said:
So on one hand, Xbox held games back because they weren't on blu Ray. On the other, PS held games back because it was tough to develop for.

Obviously Nintendo was the one driving the industry forward!

No, while ps3 and 360 retarded the industry, Nintendo made its audience feel retarded.

Nintendo, driving the industry forward!

Are you telling me that those people knew what they were doing?

Ruler said:

Yes it tottally desevred games like Uncharted 2, 3, The Last of Us, MGS4 who look all better than those Multiplats from Dice. 

MGS4 alone looks better than every Xbox 360 game, it looks pretty much like MGS5 and both games are seperated by 7 yeas

It's ok to have opinions but... well, it's obvious to everyone reading this.