By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Frostbite Dev: The PS3 CELL Retarded The Industry Significantly

DonFerrari said:
d21lewis said:

How about compared to this guy?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn3HWy0IXpQ (Fast forward to 11 mins)

*edit*  I haven't played GoW3 in years.  Just looked up the battle with the boss that had Kratos running around like a bug on his arm.  Very impressive.  Forgot all about it.  Think I was too blinded by Aphrodite's boobies to think of anything else.

Liked the video... ever though about buying the game, is it good?

But although the boss is gynormous, there isn't much texture detail, LOD and draw distance if you think about it, besides being QTE... but I really liked it.

I liked it a lot but the game is like 65% qte.  Not for everybody.  Asura is like Vegeta and Kratos angry brother.  It should be super cheap by now, though.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
DonFerrari said:

But although the boss is gynormous, there isn't much texture detail, LOD and draw distance if you think about it, besides being QTE... but I really liked it.

I liked it a lot but the game is like 65% qte.  Not for everybody.  Asura is like Vegeta and Kratos angry brother.  It should be super cheap by now, though.

The problem with Asura's Wrath is its not 100% QTE and cutscenes. The combat is genuinely boring, its something you just do for more cutscenes.

Also, I highly recommend the DLC. Unfortunately this is a game that put the real ending in DLC. The Ryu and Akuma DLC is pretty great.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

d21lewis said:
UltimateGamerConsole said:

The Gears 2 and Star Fox Adventures comparison doesn't do it justice. There was nothing as massive as God Of War III's bosses in these games, and with that level of detail, it is astounding. Poseidon was actually small compared to Gaia and Chronos.

How about compared to this guy?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn3HWy0IXpQ (Fast forward to 11 mins)

*edit*  I haven't played GoW3 in years.  Just looked up the battle with the boss that had Kratos running around like a bug on his arm.  Very impressive.  Forgot all about it.  Think I was too blinded by Aphrodite's boobies to think of anything else.

Lol good that you now know better. I am replaying the game on PS4 now and its more impressive in scale than the other games I've played so far on PS4 (GTA V, Until Dawn, Driveclub, Infamous SS, MGS V) and the gameplay holds up better than ever.

d21lewis said:
DonFerrari said:

Next time I find it on the bargain bin I may pick it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."