By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tezuka wants to make a Mario game that exceeds NSMB

Samus Aran said:
That's not very hard. I can do a better job than NSMB.

Easy solution:  Mario and Luigi are lovers!

Around the Network

I'd love a 2D Mario that pushes some boundaries. The last was really SMB3, and to a lesser extent SMB4:SMW. Give us a mind-blowing SMB5!!

The level design in the NSMB games is pretty great; it's just that the aesthetics and music are so terrible and boring. Nintendo really should do better in those departments. Yoshi's Island from 1995 is still 1000x more aesthetically pleasing and memorable because it is beautiful, vivid, and full of life.

Hi

New Super Mario Bros (U) was good for them to justify a new 2d Mario, it needs to bring something completely new to table. Otherwise we'll be fine sticking with the awesome Mario Maker.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

iLikeEggs said:
The level design in the NSMB games is pretty great; it's just that the aesthetics and music are so terrible and boring. Nintendo really should do better in those departments. Yoshi's Island from 1995 is still 1000x more aesthetically pleasing and memorable because it is beautiful, vivid, and full of life.

I partly agree, although only for the home console games. The portable games were pretty mediocre.

Around the Network

in which way ? i dont get this...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Samus Aran said:
That's not very hard. I can do a better job than NSMB.

AZWification said:

Yeah, that's not going to be a very difficult task to achieve.

Actually NSMB is great 2D game, but after 4 similar games series become very stale and desperate need change of formula.

The first NSMB was great...
NSMBWii was great with friends...
NSMB2 was alright...
NSMBU and NSL were a step too far into mundane and contrived (and way too many in a shirt span of time)...
I'm not opposed to mixing things up a little...

Have a nice day...

Well, he has the tool now: Super Mario Maker

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I would hope so. If it's as good if not better than SMB3, I'd buy it.

Pixel Art can be fun.