By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tezuka wants to make a Mario game that exceeds NSMB

I would be more impressed if he said he wanted to make a game that exceeded SMB3 and SMW. Those are 1A and 2A imo. 2D Mario has not bested those offerings yet.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
That won't be hard. They're the lowest part of the main franchise. Glad their run of unoriginal mediocrity is finally over.

And as great as Galaxy was, glad that's over too. Both need something new. Same with Isomario. Mario needs to be original again.

Actually I think they have plans for next Galaxy game, also new Mario 3D World game, probably for something new too...but like Miyamoto stated:

"However we can't make so many games at once in parallel".

Actually NSMB series is great, and NSMBU is best game in series with best level design, but all NSMB game are almost identical, so we need something completely new, NSMB needs a retirement.

Miyamotoo said:

Actually I think they have plans for next Galaxy game, also new Mario 3D World game, probably for something new too...but like Miyamoto stated:

They don't. Miyamoto say he wants to make something to succeed Galaxy.

spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

They don't. Miyamoto say he wants to make something to succeed Galaxy.

"[A new Mario Galaxy] is always in discussion," Miyamoto told Eurogamer. "But even with Mario 64 there was a lot of feedback about motion sickness with the 3D or maybe us making it too difficult.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

"[A new Mario Galaxy] is always in discussion," Miyamoto told Eurogamer. "But even with Mario 64 there was a lot of feedback about motion sickness with the 3D or maybe us making it too difficult.

“On the other hand, me and [Yoshiaki] Koizumi-san, director of Galaxy, 
are always looking to CHALLENGE Galaxy and do another 3D action title." Miyamoto told Eurogamer in the same flipping interview.

Galaxy is over. And good riddance.

spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

“On the other hand, me and [Yoshiaki] Koizumi-san, director of Galaxy, 
are always looking to CHALLENGE Galaxy and do another 3D action title." Miyamoto told Eurogamer in they same flipping interview.

Galaxy is over. And good riddance.

That and what I post, make me believe what I said, especially if you read whole interview ("I think they have plans for next Galaxy game, also new Mario 3D World game, probably for something new too").

Why would they said "a new Mario Galaxy is always in discussion" if they dont have some plans for series. Also they know that was really want new Galaxy game, so they will certainly make one in some point.