By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGC on mobile just became significantly better (Adblock Browser)

I use VGC almost exclusively on my mobile phone, and everybody that has done that at least once knows what a pain that is. Popup ads all over the place, huge blocks of ads every few posts in the forum, there was a time VGC sent some strange file downloads to my phone (I never opened them).

VGC ownership refused to make this site at least a bit mobile friendly, and continued showering us with ads.

Well, starting today, my life just got a tiny bit easier. I installed Adblock Browser on my Android (iOS version exists as well), and all of a sudden --- no more ads at all. The pages are so easy to navigate and load much much faster.

If you are one of the unfortunates that was in the same situation, I highly recommend it. It is a bit different, takes a bit if time to get used to it, and I cannot comment on other functionality that might be of importance to you. But it helps on VGC without a doubt.

Around the Network

ioi has to kill 7 puppies to pay for the servers every time someone mentions adblock... aw.. there goes another 7 of them..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
ioi has to kill 7 puppies to pay for the servers every time someone mentions adblock... aw.. there goes another 7 of them..

Poor puppies. I bet the number of dead puppies is higher than the number of kirby, blackgoku, Weazel and zero alts put together!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Holy shit this IS way better.

Is there anything that works for pc on the one, that freezes scrolling? It's the one that appears under posts, but it's always the ad on the far right.

Around the Network

wonder will this be locked, considering the site is almost unusable on mobile devices would there be much monetary loss in letting people know ad block is a thing which might make it possible to visit at least?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I had to make the jump because the ads were just tiring. I don't want to do it but I can't even navigate smoothly. Plz Vgchartz...make a mobile app or something.

NiKKoM said:

Keep in mind that probably the majority of ad revenue comes from none-forum users who just visit the site to see the numbers. Thats why the ads are so agressive i think