By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What are your thoughts on the refugees crisis in Europe?

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Lawlight said:

Except that the Muslim refugees do want the western countries to become Muslim countries. As I said before, Islamic councils have demanded Sharia law in Australia before.

Islamic councils (In Australia) don't speak for all Muslims(Globally in the US) or even the US. How about we avoid generalizations and assumptions and look at the facts.

Facts like the Sydney siege? Or like the riots by Muslims in Australia? How come no other religion have any issues here?

Around the Network
OdinHades said:

It's okay, we can take it. We have dem moneyz. I personally don't see people as refugees or germans. I see them as humans and I don't really care where they come from or why they come or how long they want to stay. After all, if I wanted to go to the USA or something, I also want to be treated nicely. So I am nice to other people. Because I simply treat other people the way I want to be treated. It's a pretty simple way of life.

Yeah, the culture might take a hit, blahblah. But that happens all the time in history. Culture is a living thing and in fact it becomes richer and richer with more influences. You can't conservate culture. You can try, but your culture will die because nobody cares for it.

I don't know, I just don't see a reason to panic right now. We already had a refugee crisis in the 90s and it worked out ok. I mean, if we (the west) decide to bomb the shit out of the middle east and take every resource including water from africa, we should expect things like this. Such a pity that those people who we are exploiting since decades won't just shut up and starve to death, right? Come on.

The only culture that's not dying but growing is the Islamic one. That culture seems to have been preserved over the centuries.

Scisca said:

What do you think about today's speech by Martin Schultz, the President of the European Parliament from Germany, who said that countries that don't want to accept the distribution mechanism will be made to do it BY FORCE? Are the Germans already back to their "good old" ways?

Personally, I am 100% against Poland accepting a single immigrant. 0 persons. The Western politicians are a bunch of irresponsible idiots. Merkel opening the borders and saying that Germany will accept the immigrants opens the floodgate and there will only be more coming this and the following years. Millions will come for the free money that these Western morrons throw at them. I don't want my country to participate in this madness. Help these people? Absolutely! But at the source, to solve the problem, not by taking in hundreds of thousands of muslims to my country alone, which doesn't solve anything.

Especially since these immigrants (cause they are NOT refugees, they are economical immigrants who came here from safe Turkish camps) don't want to come to Poland. We don't want them, they don't want to come to us. There should be no problem, but insteady Germany wants to force us to somehow imprison these people in our country against their will. Does Germany want yet again to build German Camps in Poland? I kinda think what they are doing is against human rights, it is absolutely against the existing EU law and looks very much like human trafficking to me.

Unfortunately our current government is a massive German wh*re and does absolutely everything Germany tells it to do. Fortunately we are having elections in 1.5 month and a party that wants to form a union with other countries from the region against this absurd policy has a very healthy lead (approx. 38% vs. 20%) on the ruling party. Hopefully they manage to rule on their own, cause if they don't get 50% of places in the Parliament, the current party may remain at power in some crazy coalition and it would be a disaster.

Don't people in the UK and other European countries look down upon Polish migrants? I remember some debate about a group of people in the UK wanting to stop immigrants coming from Poland. Always funny when the shoe is on the other foot I guess. I doubt any of those refugees want to stay in Poland anyway. 

Soundwave said:

Don't people in the UK and other European countries look down upon Polish migrants? I remember some debate about a group of people in the UK wanting to stop immigrants coming from Poland. Always funny when the shoe is on the other foot I guess. 

I've heard some stupid stuff like that from the UK and Netherlands. Don't really focus much on it, these two thing can't be compared. We're talking about immigrants from the same culture, the same religion, sharing the same values, who LEGALLY come to work and pay taxes and immigrants from an alien, savage and very aggressive culture and religion, who ILLEGALLY come to parasite on the social help.

Case in point, the data from The Netherlands:

https://imgur.com/dqTa8d4

Not comparable in any aspect.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Soundwave said:

I doubt any of those refugees want to stay in Poland anyway. 

So do I. There are news about a few of them entering Poland, but in every single case they run to Germany ASAP. In one case a group of immigrants received shelter in a church, but fled before sunrise, cause they were so scared somebody would try to make them stay Can't blame them. They get 900 Euro over there and only 450 Euro in Poland. They can do math. Add to this a colder climate and an almost completely homogenic white-catholic population and I can't see a single reason why they'd reasonably wanna stay on this side of the border.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Specifically Syrian Refugees, Syria is not an islamic state, in fact the refugee crisis is a result of ISIS/ISIL trying to take over Syria and US's fight against Assad.

85% of Syrians are muslims, aren't they? And you are wrong in saying that it's immigrants from Syria, cause the first cargo that is said to come to Poland is already said to consist mainly of citizens of Eritrea. It's not just Syria, everyone wants to get on the German moneytrain!

specifically -> officially allowed as refugees, IRC those that apply for citizenship require a syrian passport. So I'm not saying its only syrian refugees rather they are the only ones "allowed" ideally.

Realistically, its a crisis nonetheless.

There is also the very real threat of ISIL coming in as Refugees as well.

Also using generalizing Syrian as Muslims conflates national identity with a religious one, and Syria is not an Islamic state (YET)

Fun fact: 60% of the planet is Asian.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Some hard numbers from someone (some forex speculator I'm following solely due to reason he's good at summing up first-hand statistical information) who cared enough to collect them. He didn't posted sources, but those were claimed to be official (up to a June including), i.e. undertracked as they only represent offical applications for refugee status (illegals not included).

EU total:

Hungary:

Germany:

EU total. July est. 130 thousands, August est. 150 thousands. It's exponential! YOY increase: Jan-Jun +78%, seems like not match, but before Arab Spring it averaged at 120-130 thousand levels for the whole first half of the year, i.e. 4 times less. If we count only last month and compare it to prior 2011 standards, that'd be a year's migration volume within a single month!

Consequences:

1) Munich today (come to think of it, I was walking down that street just few months ago!):

2) Germany halts train traffic from Austria, rail firm says via Reuters.

3) All of a sudden, second person in charge in Germany as far as I'm getting official hierarchy via Tagesspiegel has said the following:

Was kann die internationale Staatengemeinschaft gegen die eigentlichen Fluchtursachen tun, den Bürgerkrieg in Syrien und den Vormarsch des sogenannten "Islamischen Staats"?
Wir müssen unser Verhältnis zu Russland ändern. Die Schlüssel zur Beendigung des Krieges in Syrien liegen in Moskau und Washington. Eine drohende Eskalation des Krieges mir russischer Unterstützung auf der einen und westlicher Unterstützung auf der anderen Seite wird die Flüchtlingszahlen noch weiter in die Höhe treiben. Das müssen wir verhindern.

And it's always fun to read comments section, the highest rated among them :D

>>Eine drohende Eskalation des Krieges mir russischer Unterstützung auf der einen und westlicher Unterstützung auf der anderen Seite wird die Flüchtlingszahlen noch weiter in die Höhe treiben.

Wieder nur Geschwafel. Die Russen wollen Assad gegen den IS unterstützen. Wieso sind sie dann auf der "anderen Seite"? Will der Westen nicht auch den IS bekämpfen? Oder geht es den USA nur darum, einen weiteren Verbündeten der Russen zu beseitigen?

GTstation said:
WolfpackN64 said:
Europa has more than enough capacity to help the rwfugeea coming here. We need to find a social and economic solution for the afflicted region and force other arab countries to help their neighbours.

Europe has enough of its own people that need help, fuck others from elsewhere.  They have no right for European help.

How about rather then another 10 billion dollar useless skyscraper, other RICH as FUCK muslims help these muslims.  

You don't seem to know that those "skyscraper building" gents simply don't care. Let alone most of Europe's problems are of our own making.

Should that impair our humanitarian aid?

Honestly it makes me very proud to be European to see how many are so willingly to help even giving refugees a place in their home. Every sane person knows that this will have a negative effect the coming years for employment/Poverty and general social economy situations.Then again we are already at a point that the numbers are getting crazy. Munich one city in Germany had 60.000 refugees in one week.

And that Musmils vs Europeans discussion is sad, muslims themself are victims of the radicical muslims.

mai said:

Some hard numbers from someone (some forex speculator I'm following solely due to reason he's good at summing up first-hand statistical information) who cared enough to collect them. He didn't posted sources, but those were claimed to be official (up to a June including), i.e. undertracked as they only represent offical applications for refugee status (illegals not included).

EU total:

Hungary:

Germany:

EU total. July est. 130 thousands, August est. 150 thousands. It's exponential! YOY increase: Jan-Jun +78%, seems like not match, but before Arab Spring it averaged at 120-130 thousand levels for the whole first half of the year, i.e. 4 times less. If we count only last month and compare it to prior 2011 standards, that'd be a year's migration volume within a single month!

Consequences:

1) Munich today (come to think of it, I was walking down that street just few months ago!):

2) Germany halts train traffic from Austria, rail firm says via Reuters.

3) All of a sudden, second person in charge in Germany as far as I'm getting official hierarchy via Tagesspiegel has said the following:

Was kann die internationale Staatengemeinschaft gegen die eigentlichen Fluchtursachen tun, den Bürgerkrieg in Syrien und den Vormarsch des sogenannten "Islamischen Staats"?
Wir müssen unser Verhältnis zu Russland ändern. Die Schlüssel zur Beendigung des Krieges in Syrien liegen in Moskau und Washington. Eine drohende Eskalation des Krieges mir russischer Unterstützung auf der einen und westlicher Unterstützung auf der anderen Seite wird die Flüchtlingszahlen noch weiter in die Höhe treiben. Das müssen wir verhindern.

And it's always fun to read comments section, the highest rated among them :D

>>Eine drohende Eskalation des Krieges mir russischer Unterstützung auf der einen und westlicher Unterstützung auf der anderen Seite wird die Flüchtlingszahlen noch weiter in die Höhe treiben.

Wieder nur Geschwafel. Die Russen wollen Assad gegen den IS unterstützen. Wieso sind sie dann auf der "anderen Seite"? Will der Westen nicht auch den IS bekämpfen? Oder geht es den USA nur darum, einen weiteren Verbündeten der Russen zu beseitigen?

we are 500m europeans, we could help those poor people. the main problem is that we cant sent them away in countrys like poland or spain, that would just be inhumane. 

and we germans arent anti russian at all, the man you quoted had real big problems in his own party because of the sanctions.